So Im 23 years old woman, got my DS couple years ago.
We train tracking,search,agility and obedience. She is 4-years old longhaired female. Very dominant, and sharp.
Brave, want to climp everything, once top of the swimming tower.Smart, shuts up lights,open doors, everything.Sensible to moods,but easy to guide.
Greetings from Europe
- susanna
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:17 am
- Tell us about yourself: 4 year old longhaired dutch shepherd female,and its owner
Greetings from Europe
- Attachments
-
- fafourite toy
- 321587_2720804580618_1643043299_n.jpg (20.22 KiB) Viewed 1604 times
-
- uuia 039 (Medium).jpg (77.06 KiB) Viewed 1604 times
-
- 391096_2826589025163_1870820598_n.jpg (115.05 KiB) Viewed 1604 times
- Childsey1
- Puppy
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:55 pm
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Paul childs
I have neo x American bulldog bitch, male Boerboel and now a 18week old ducth herder bitch.
I'm a carpenter by trade with a strong passion for dogs
Re: Greetings from Europe
Welcome,
You have a lovely looking dog, how's the tracking going? Amber is my 14 month old bitch Dutch herder, I find she tends to rush her tracking especially when the wind blows in her direction, she will skip a few steps.
What sorts of search work do you do? I'm awaiting my truffle kit from France, I'm in the uk and can't wait to put amber nose to the test, oh and earn me some money!! Lol
Although amber is short haired she not far off the length of yours, unlike her siblings.
Rgds
Paul
You have a lovely looking dog, how's the tracking going? Amber is my 14 month old bitch Dutch herder, I find she tends to rush her tracking especially when the wind blows in her direction, she will skip a few steps.
What sorts of search work do you do? I'm awaiting my truffle kit from France, I'm in the uk and can't wait to put amber nose to the test, oh and earn me some money!! Lol
Although amber is short haired she not far off the length of yours, unlike her siblings.
Rgds
Paul
Paul, Buckinghamshire, uk
- susanna
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:17 am
- Tell us about yourself: 4 year old longhaired dutch shepherd female,and its owner
Re: Greetings from Europe
We tend to have same proplem year ago. We trained people tracking and bloodtrack at the same time, thats why. Nowadays searching people uses airscent more, bloodtrack nose is down, and goes very well.
Make sure to keep learn periods easier at first,so that wont happen- When skips,I tend to start over. My dog tried when tracking human scent on field, skip to the end where the scent is more fresh. Got over objects,staight to the end. So started again.and again. Finally,she realized.
When searching humans from forest, if wind blows,goes on the ground scent.
Allthough we learned to search coins, bottles, etc. Next this fall,going to search mushrooms.
easy,cause these are guick learners from the dogs I know.
Have to say,works better when older
focuses more.
Make sure to keep learn periods easier at first,so that wont happen- When skips,I tend to start over. My dog tried when tracking human scent on field, skip to the end where the scent is more fresh. Got over objects,staight to the end. So started again.and again. Finally,she realized.
When searching humans from forest, if wind blows,goes on the ground scent.
Allthough we learned to search coins, bottles, etc. Next this fall,going to search mushrooms.
easy,cause these are guick learners from the dogs I know.
Have to say,works better when older
Last edited by susanna on Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Sugars Mom
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1734
- Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.
Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!
I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences. - Location: Victoria BC
- Childsey1
- Puppy
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:55 pm
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Paul childs
I have neo x American bulldog bitch, male Boerboel and now a 18week old ducth herder bitch.
I'm a carpenter by trade with a strong passion for dogs
Re: Greetings from Europe
Hey susanna,
I agree with you there on bloodtrack and people search at the same time, thing is amber is not yet doing people tracking only bloodtrack, she skips a few because she rushes, kibble is put in maybe every 5th footstep, as you may guess she skips the ones without a reward, this is not acceptable with ipo, also I think she going through a goofy stage at 14 months old, I need her to hold her concentration more.
Are you training for anything in particular or just for fun? Where in Europe are you
I agree with you there on bloodtrack and people search at the same time, thing is amber is not yet doing people tracking only bloodtrack, she skips a few because she rushes, kibble is put in maybe every 5th footstep, as you may guess she skips the ones without a reward, this is not acceptable with ipo, also I think she going through a goofy stage at 14 months old, I need her to hold her concentration more.
Are you training for anything in particular or just for fun? Where in Europe are you
Paul, Buckinghamshire, uk
- Vhyran
- Puppy
- Posts: 85
- Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:53 am
- Tell us about yourself: Hello there! I own a white german shepherd and a 1 year old Dutch shepherd called "Wega" He's my workind dog and I'm working in a Security Company for Events :)
Re: Greetings from Europe
Hello,
Very beautiful girl! I love the long haired DS too!
Please keep us up to date with photos.
Greetings!
Very beautiful girl! I love the long haired DS too!
Greetings!


Facebook page.