Glad to be part of this great forum

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
pharomom
Just Whelped
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:50 am
Tell us about yourself: My dog, K'ehleyr, was left at a shelter when she was 6 weeks old. I brought her home at 12 weeks. She has been with us for 6 weeks and is wonderful. Smart, playful and loving.
I have been obedience training dogs for 20 years. Have owned Doberman, GSD, Pharaoh Hound and Beagles.

Glad to be part of this great forum

Post by pharomom »

I have learned so much already from visiting. Now that I have joined I can ask all the dumb questions.
I'm pretty sure my dog is Dutch Shepherd. At the Reliant Dog show in July I showed pictures to the AKC reps and they approved her for a PAL. She will be able to participate in performance events as a DS.
Attachments
This is K'ehleyr
This is K'ehleyr
kehleyr 23 aug 13 a.jpg (358.87 KiB) Viewed 1366 times
User avatar
TexasMedy
Puppy
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:27 am
Tell us about yourself: Hello Everyone,

My wife and I live north of Houston in Spring, TX. We have 3 kids, age 17, 19 and 20. We have a Dutch Shepherd, 3 Dalmatians and a Maltipoo.
Location: Spring, TX

Re: Glad to be part of this great forum

Post by TexasMedy »

She's cute! Welcome to the forum.
Dan, Leticia and our dog family - Medy (DS), Coco (Dalmatian), Isabela (Dalmatian), Zoey (Maltipoo)
johninny
Working Dog
Posts: 1326
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:22 am
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612
Location: NH/hamptons/nyc

Re: Glad to be part of this great forum

Post by johninny »

WELCOME! she has the white patch I love.
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Glad to be part of this great forum

Post by Dutchringgirl »

welcome !! She is very beautiful !
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
Stacy_R
Training Dog
Posts: 879
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:11 am
Tell us about yourself: 3 dogs and graying hair thanks primarily to Tyson...
Location: Carolinas

Re: Glad to be part of this great forum

Post by Stacy_R »

Welcome! I am partial to the white patch as well. ;)
~Stacy
Mom to:
Tyson - DS mix (Hendrix's Soul Sibling and Dinga Roo's long lost twin)
Baby Ruth - Miniature Schnauzer
Snickers - Miniature Pinscher
http://www.rescuedme.org
User avatar
Revhendo
Green Dog
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:33 pm
Tell us about yourself: Howdy,
We are a family of rescues, (yeah, me included), in Southern California. My wife and I currently have two dogs, a Golden Retriever/ GSD mix by the name of Morgan, and our DS mix(?), Dinga Roo. We had never even heard of a Dutch Shepherd before until we were stalked by this nice lady in the pet store who asked us if Roo was a DS. Dang if that lady wasn't on to something. I just found this site, so here we are....

Kevin

Re: Glad to be part of this great forum

Post by Revhendo »

Howdy from the white patch underground.
Kevin, Debby,
Dinga Roo (DS mix), John's Goddaughter and Tyson's twin,
and Morgan too (Retriever/GSD mix).
Loving memories of our GSD Charly who passed at 17 years. (4/18/13).
Post Reply