New member from St Louis, MO

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
lwesselm
Just Whelped
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:45 pm
Tell us about yourself: HI, my name is Lynn. I adopted an unusual looking dog from a shelter in December 2012. He was under 3 and listed as a Shepherd mix. I took him to train at the German Shepherd Club of St. Louis and they informed me that they thought he was a Dutch Shepherd. This breed was new to me but upon reviewing the breed's profile and photos, I think he is also. He is brindle with a dark muzzle and very agile. He is also incredibly smart. There is a lot I would like to know about DS and the forum seems to be a great way to find out.

New member from St Louis, MO

Post by lwesselm »

Hi, my name is Lynn. I adoped a dutchie from a shelter in December. His name is Coach and he is fine boy. I do not know very much about them, but I am learning fast.
User avatar
Tappy4me
Green Dog
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:34 pm
Tell us about yourself: I've had Belgian Malinois for years at my folks. I just got married, and a friend of mine who does search and rescue, had been keeping an eye out for Mali puppies for me. He came across a 9 month old Dutch Shepherd female pup who needed a home. She doesn't have the nerves to do the search and rescue she was intended for, but is perfect pet material. She's enough of a challenge to be alot of fun :)

Re: New member from St Louis, MO

Post by Tappy4me »

Welcome aboard!! Do you have photos of him? :) We love to see pictures!
Owned by Flint (American Eskimo Dog) and Rufus (Dutch Shepherd mix) :)

In loving memory of Maiya, the best Dutch Shepherd. 2012-2013. At 14 months old, you had yet to live life to it's fullest. You touched our lives and will never be forgotten.

~Jess
User avatar
Revhendo
Green Dog
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:33 pm
Tell us about yourself: Howdy,
We are a family of rescues, (yeah, me included), in Southern California. My wife and I currently have two dogs, a Golden Retriever/ GSD mix by the name of Morgan, and our DS mix(?), Dinga Roo. We had never even heard of a Dutch Shepherd before until we were stalked by this nice lady in the pet store who asked us if Roo was a DS. Dang if that lady wasn't on to something. I just found this site, so here we are....

Kevin

Re: New member from St Louis, MO

Post by Revhendo »

Yep, we like pictures the way a zombie likes brains.
And welcome.
Kevin, Debby,
Dinga Roo (DS mix), John's Goddaughter and Tyson's twin,
and Morgan too (Retriever/GSD mix).
Loving memories of our GSD Charly who passed at 17 years. (4/18/13).
johninny
Working Dog
Posts: 1326
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:22 am
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612
Location: NH/hamptons/nyc

Re: New member from St Louis, MO

Post by johninny »

did you get Coach as a puppy? how old is he now?
WELCOME!
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
User avatar
Stacy_R
Training Dog
Posts: 879
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:11 am
Tell us about yourself: 3 dogs and graying hair thanks primarily to Tyson...
Location: Carolinas

Re: New member from St Louis, MO

Post by Stacy_R »

welcome!
~Stacy
Mom to:
Tyson - DS mix (Hendrix's Soul Sibling and Dinga Roo's long lost twin)
Baby Ruth - Miniature Schnauzer
Snickers - Miniature Pinscher
http://www.rescuedme.org
lwesselm
Just Whelped
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:45 pm
Tell us about yourself: HI, my name is Lynn. I adopted an unusual looking dog from a shelter in December 2012. He was under 3 and listed as a Shepherd mix. I took him to train at the German Shepherd Club of St. Louis and they informed me that they thought he was a Dutch Shepherd. This breed was new to me but upon reviewing the breed's profile and photos, I think he is also. He is brindle with a dark muzzle and very agile. He is also incredibly smart. There is a lot I would like to know about DS and the forum seems to be a great way to find out.

Re: New member from St Louis, MO

Post by lwesselm »

I would like to add a photo. Can someone tell me how? Can I attach a jpeg?
Post Reply