Tell us about yourself: Hi.....my name is Angela. I have 2 daughters and 1 granddaughter. All of my dogs (and cats) are rescues. I have a puppy that we just adopted that I think could be at least part Dutch Shepherd. We also have a 2 year old pug/min pin mix and an 11 year old border collie and possible lab mix.
I don't get on here as much as I used to...mostly because I am so busy!
Thought I'd give everyone an update on Ms Roxanne! She's doing great....beginning to get over a shy puppy stage. She's around 20 months old. Untitled by desertrose6277, on Flickr
Apparently, the stand/stay is the ultimate punishment! LOL But here's the big news! She earned her CD in UKC obedience in a single weekend!
Angela
UCD URO1 El Tango De Roxanne CD CGC
(Dutch shepherd mix)
Emmy (pug/min pin mix)
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobakawww.dogster.com/dogs/637612
you have been so wonderfully diligent with your pup. congratulations to you and Roxie - you both really deserve the victories.
i have been doing frequent hardware store visits with a new puppy. no rural kings here, but am thankful for a very friendly ace hardware.
hope you have time to stop by more often. welcome back.
Yay! Contrasts. Don't forget to add her UCD title in your signature. Have you caught the competitive obedience bug yet? Do you think you'll continue on with regular obedience or try Rally at all?
Stephanie
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.
Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!
I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Tell us about yourself: Hi.....my name is Angela. I have 2 daughters and 1 granddaughter. All of my dogs (and cats) are rescues. I have a puppy that we just adopted that I think could be at least part Dutch Shepherd. We also have a 2 year old pug/min pin mix and an 11 year old border collie and possible lab mix.
LyonsFamily wrote:Yay! Contrasts. Don't forget to add her UCD title in your signature. Have you caught the competitive obedience bug yet? Do you think you'll continue on with regular obedience or try Rally at all?
She is an amazing obedience dog! I will probably stick with regular obedience. The Rally classes at my club are at a bad time for me with work. We have started Freestyle though!
Angela
UCD URO1 El Tango De Roxanne CD CGC
(Dutch shepherd mix)
Emmy (pug/min pin mix)
Tell us about yourself: Hi.....my name is Angela. I have 2 daughters and 1 granddaughter. All of my dogs (and cats) are rescues. I have a puppy that we just adopted that I think could be at least part Dutch Shepherd. We also have a 2 year old pug/min pin mix and an 11 year old border collie and possible lab mix.