Hello from Houston

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
K9trainerCs
Just Whelped
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:08 am
Tell us about yourself: I've been a professional dog trainer for the past 13 years, focusing on sport dog training and competition the past 5. I'm currently in search of my next partner and am considering a Dutchie. I hope to gain as much knowledge as possible from these forums and it's members
Location: Houston Texas

Hello from Houston

Post by K9trainerCs »

Good evening fellow dog enthusiast. I'm here to learn as much information about the Dutch Shepherd as possible before making any quick and sudden moves. I have the most experience with hard working line GSDs, Pit Bulls and Maligators. I'm now hoping to broaden my knowledge about the Dutchie.

Thank you in advance!
A good dog handler takes the time to build a strong relationship with their dog and tries even harder not to screw it up by being human. - Charla Houston, Tx
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1608
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:19 am
Tell us about yourself: .

Re: Hello from Houston

Post by Raven »

Welcome.

You've worked with working-line breeds as a sport enthusiast or a pro trainer or an all-around working dog kind of guy/gal?

If you create a signature for yourself, I promise not to refer to you as a guy/gal anymore...!

Nice to have you on-board.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
K9trainerCs
Just Whelped
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:08 am
Tell us about yourself: I've been a professional dog trainer for the past 13 years, focusing on sport dog training and competition the past 5. I'm currently in search of my next partner and am considering a Dutchie. I hope to gain as much knowledge as possible from these forums and it's members
Location: Houston Texas

Re: Hello from Houston

Post by K9trainerCs »

Hi ;-)

I'm sort of an all-around working dog kind of gal. I thrive mostly on working with Police K9s, preparing them for IPWDA certs and SCH (although the SCH track isn't my forte). My experience lies mostly in tracking, bite work and obedience along with scent detection and pet obedience.
A good dog handler takes the time to build a strong relationship with their dog and tries even harder not to screw it up by being human. - Charla Houston, Tx
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1608
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:19 am
Tell us about yourself: .

Re: Hello from Houston

Post by Raven »

LOVE your signature.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Hello from Houston

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Hi Charla !! Welcome ! You will do well with a DS ! Just make sure you dont make any sudden moves......with them LOL
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Post Reply