Good evening fellow dog enthusiast. I'm here to learn as much information about the Dutch Shepherd as possible before making any quick and sudden moves. I have the most experience with hard working line GSDs, Pit Bulls and Maligators. I'm now hoping to broaden my knowledge about the Dutchie.
Thank you in advance!
Hello from Houston
-
K9trainerCs
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:08 am
- Tell us about yourself: I've been a professional dog trainer for the past 13 years, focusing on sport dog training and competition the past 5. I'm currently in search of my next partner and am considering a Dutchie. I hope to gain as much knowledge as possible from these forums and it's members
- Location: Houston Texas
Hello from Houston
A good dog handler takes the time to build a strong relationship with their dog and tries even harder not to screw it up by being human. - Charla Houston, Tx
-
Raven
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1608
- Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:19 am
- Tell us about yourself: .
Re: Hello from Houston
Welcome.
You've worked with working-line breeds as a sport enthusiast or a pro trainer or an all-around working dog kind of guy/gal?
If you create a signature for yourself, I promise not to refer to you as a guy/gal anymore...!
Nice to have you on-board.
You've worked with working-line breeds as a sport enthusiast or a pro trainer or an all-around working dog kind of guy/gal?
If you create a signature for yourself, I promise not to refer to you as a guy/gal anymore...!
Nice to have you on-board.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
-
K9trainerCs
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:08 am
- Tell us about yourself: I've been a professional dog trainer for the past 13 years, focusing on sport dog training and competition the past 5. I'm currently in search of my next partner and am considering a Dutchie. I hope to gain as much knowledge as possible from these forums and it's members
- Location: Houston Texas
Re: Hello from Houston
Hi
I'm sort of an all-around working dog kind of gal. I thrive mostly on working with Police K9s, preparing them for IPWDA certs and SCH (although the SCH track isn't my forte). My experience lies mostly in tracking, bite work and obedience along with scent detection and pet obedience.
I'm sort of an all-around working dog kind of gal. I thrive mostly on working with Police K9s, preparing them for IPWDA certs and SCH (although the SCH track isn't my forte). My experience lies mostly in tracking, bite work and obedience along with scent detection and pet obedience.
A good dog handler takes the time to build a strong relationship with their dog and tries even harder not to screw it up by being human. - Charla Houston, Tx
-
Raven
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1608
- Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:19 am
- Tell us about yourself: .
Re: Hello from Houston
LOVE your signature.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: Hello from Houston
Hi Charla !! Welcome ! You will do well with a DS ! Just make sure you dont make any sudden moves......with them LOL
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT






Facebook page.