Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobakawww.dogster.com/dogs/637612
Tell us about yourself: Howdy, We are a family of rescues, (yeah, me included), in Southern California. My wife and I currently have two dogs, a Golden Retriever/ GSD mix by the name of Morgan, and our DS mix(?), Dinga Roo. We had never even heard of a Dutch Shepherd before until we were stalked by this nice lady in the pet store who asked us if Roo was a DS. Dang if that lady wasn't on to something. I just found this site, so here we are....
Is it just me, or did I see a controlled slide on the hardwood floor? Looks very familiar.
Awesome idea on the ball. I may just have to borrow that.....
Kevin, Debby,
Dinga Roo (DS mix), John's Goddaughter and Tyson's twin,
and Morgan too (Retriever/GSD mix).
Loving memories of our GSD Charly who passed at 17 years. (4/18/13).
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobakawww.dogster.com/dogs/637612
Revhendo wrote:Is it just me, or did I see a controlled slide on the hardwood floor? Looks very familiar.
Oh yes. He has these hardwoods completely figured out. It's really funny to see him jump/hop from area rug - to carpet runner in the hallway - to area rug by the front door.
Revhendo wrote:Awesome idea on the ball. I may just have to borrow that.....
I'm sure Roo agrees!!!
~Stacy
Mom to:
Tyson - DS mix (Hendrix's Soul Sibling and Dinga Roo's long lost twin)
Baby Ruth - Miniature Schnauzer
Snickers - Miniature Pinscher http://www.rescuedme.org
Tell us about yourself: Howdy, We are a family of rescues, (yeah, me included), in Southern California. My wife and I currently have two dogs, a Golden Retriever/ GSD mix by the name of Morgan, and our DS mix(?), Dinga Roo. We had never even heard of a Dutch Shepherd before until we were stalked by this nice lady in the pet store who asked us if Roo was a DS. Dang if that lady wasn't on to something. I just found this site, so here we are....
johninny wrote:OMG, is that a new title for DingaRoo in your signature or have i simply missed that before?
I think I did the approved signature in November or so. Don't feel bad if you think you missed it. I haven't been on the computer much in the past three of four months. It's that whirlwind called life creeping in on me.
Now where do I get this Hol-ee Ball thingy?
Kevin, Debby,
Dinga Roo (DS mix), John's Goddaughter and Tyson's twin,
and Morgan too (Retriever/GSD mix).
Loving memories of our GSD Charly who passed at 17 years. (4/18/13).
Tell us about yourself: Howdy, We are a family of rescues, (yeah, me included), in Southern California. My wife and I currently have two dogs, a Golden Retriever/ GSD mix by the name of Morgan, and our DS mix(?), Dinga Roo. We had never even heard of a Dutch Shepherd before until we were stalked by this nice lady in the pet store who asked us if Roo was a DS. Dang if that lady wasn't on to something. I just found this site, so here we are....
Revhendo wrote:Is it just me, or did I see a controlled slide on the hardwood floor? Looks very familiar.
Oh yes. He has these hardwoods completely figured out. It's really funny to see him jump/hop from area rug - to carpet runner in the hallway - to area rug by the front door.
Revhendo wrote:Awesome idea on the ball. I may just have to borrow that.....
I'm sure Roo agrees!!!
Lil Miss Dinga Roo is a demon on our hardwood floors. She even uses the slide when she dismounts the couch to get her stretch in. She puts her front paws down on the floor and slides forward as she uncurls off of the couch until her rear legs are stretched straight back behind her. I'm going to have to have my camera at the ready for when she does it.
Kevin, Debby,
Dinga Roo (DS mix), John's Goddaughter and Tyson's twin,
and Morgan too (Retriever/GSD mix).
Loving memories of our GSD Charly who passed at 17 years. (4/18/13).
Revhendo wrote:Now where do I get this Hol-ee Ball thingy?
Tyson got his at PetSmart.
Revhendo wrote:She puts her front paws down on the floor and slides forward as she uncurls off of the couch until her rear legs are stretched straight back behind her.
Tyson used to do something similar to this when he was a puppy to around 10 months old...we called it the "ooze." If we were all on the couch together and he was totally worn out and not wanting to share space, he would ooze off the couch and wherever he landed, he slept. Silly dog
Here's how it would start.... (sorry it's grainy)
The ooze.step 1.jpg (305.86 KiB) Viewed 1095 times
~Stacy
Mom to:
Tyson - DS mix (Hendrix's Soul Sibling and Dinga Roo's long lost twin)
Baby Ruth - Miniature Schnauzer
Snickers - Miniature Pinscher http://www.rescuedme.org
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.
Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!
I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Stacy_R wrote:He was getting bored with the Hole-ee ball, so I put another ball inside of it...SCORE!
I put a dog biscuit in the ball for Sugar (one bigger then the holes so it wouldn't fall out on its own) and first time it took about 15 min for her to figure out how to get it out, second time 15 secs! But it sure was fun watching her go nuts for it!