new to...well...everything!
-
hendrix1759
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:20 am
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a new dog owner and am looking for more information on how to raise a quality dutch shepherd
new to...well...everything!
[removed]
Last edited by hendrix1759 on Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
- born2fly79
- Puppy
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:40 pm
- Tell us about yourself: My husband and I are interested in getting a DS puppy. We are new to the breed and are interested in learning as much as we can about them. We would appreciate any help or information others have to offer. We are most concerned about selecting the right DS for us.
- Location: Elmore, Ohio
Re: new to...well...everything!
Welcome! I, too, will be new to the DS world when we select a puppy. I think you will be very pleased with what you can learn on here! Best of luck!
Rebecca
- Marjolein
- Working Dog
- Posts: 2078
- Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
- Location: Warbeyen, Germany
- Contact:
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: new to...well...everything!
Welcome !!!!
DS are eager to learn, you can start doing basics. My 4.5 month, old is great at sitting on command, Outing and leaving what she isnt supposed to be chewing on, ( unless its Thalie) Sitting and staying for short periods of time ( until her little brain sees something more interesting ). They are quick to learn and understand what you want them to do. Just be clear and consistent and patient. Before you know it, Apollo will be awesome!
DS are eager to learn, you can start doing basics. My 4.5 month, old is great at sitting on command, Outing and leaving what she isnt supposed to be chewing on, ( unless its Thalie) Sitting and staying for short periods of time ( until her little brain sees something more interesting ). They are quick to learn and understand what you want them to do. Just be clear and consistent and patient. Before you know it, Apollo will be awesome!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT




- vneerland
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1547
- Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
- Tell us about yourself: *
- Location: Tex@s
Re: new to...well...everything!
Welcome!
Please tell us a little more about yourself (like your name, where you live) and feel free to create a signature so that your post is always signed, and we don't have to try to remember who is behind a screen name.
Please tell us a little more about yourself (like your name, where you live) and feel free to create a signature so that your post is always signed, and we don't have to try to remember who is behind a screen name.
Judith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds 
-
hendrix1759
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:20 am
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a new dog owner and am looking for more information on how to raise a quality dutch shepherd
Re: new to...well...everything!
[removed]
Last edited by hendrix1759 on Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hendrix and Apollo
"Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway." - John Wayne
"Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway." - John Wayne
- vneerland
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1547
- Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
- Tell us about yourself: *
- Location: Tex@s
Re: new to...well...everything!
Is that a last name? (I assume?) So that would still leave me guessing about your gender?hendrix1759 wrote:Well, I'm Hendrix and I live in Miami, FL. Here is a pic of my lil monster!
Good to have our here Hendrix, and Appollo the Miami monster.
How did you happen to end up with him? Is he a rescue, or a breeder product, straight from the factory? Tell us more!
Judith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds 
-
hendrix1759
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:20 am
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a new dog owner and am looking for more information on how to raise a quality dutch shepherd
Re: new to...well...everything!
[removed]
Hendrix and Apollo
"Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway." - John Wayne
"Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway." - John Wayne


Facebook page.
