Hello! New from CT

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
User avatar
artistiklove
Just Whelped
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:33 am
Tell us about yourself: currently own what I believe to be a Dutch mix, and looking for another to train as a personal service dog.

Hello! New from CT

Post by artistiklove »

Hi everyone, my name's Becky and I'm currently loved by what a believe to be a Dutch Shepherd mix - Reggie. I stumbled across this forum because I am searching for a candidate to train as a personal service dog. Dutchies are high on my list becuase of their energy, drive, intelligence, size...the list goes on. I've also been in love with them since I was a kid. A little more about my Reg: I've never had actual, hands-on experience with the Dutch shepherd, but I've studied a lot about them. Reggie has a smooth coat, not the typical double coat, which I've seen in a few pictures of them. He also has ears that are more suitable to a pit, greyhound, or some other breed. He has a pretty noticable tuck-up, so a lot of people think he is a greyhound mix, but he is not the correct size, and his head is all wrong! He's super protective, but not scary, and I've never had a more loyal dog. Other than his coat and ears, the only other thing that keeps me questioning his breeds is the fact that he is soooo laid back. Don't get me wrong, he can go the distance when asked, but I had a stroke a couple years ago, and he stayed in bed with me for months! My boyfriend would take him out to go to the bathroom, and he wanted to come right back in. Just slept the whole time with me. He's also older - my guess is between 8 and 10 years old. Well, I guess that's enough rambling, I'm sure we'll both get a lot out if this forum :dsshock:
Becky

Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Hello! New from CT

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Hey!!! where are you in ct??? Im in Southbury!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1608
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:19 am
Tell us about yourself: .

Re: Hello! New from CT

Post by Raven »

Hey, Becky. There's a lot of information kickin' around this forum, so do some poking around.

Our last DS wouldn't leave my husband's side when he got sick a few years back. They make you feel darn special, don't they?

Welcome to you and The Reg.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
User avatar
artistiklove
Just Whelped
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:33 am
Tell us about yourself: currently own what I believe to be a Dutch mix, and looking for another to train as a personal service dog.

Re: Hello! New from CT

Post by artistiklove »

Lisa, I'm in Naugatuck - so not that far from you, actually. And thanks for the welcome :)
Becky

Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
User avatar
Kristie E
Training Dog
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:09 am
Tell us about yourself: I have had a DS for almost a year. Gwen and I are considering participating in PSA and or possible Ring Sport. I also have a Great Dane. I have grown up around working GSDs and my last GSD was a working K9 officer. I am all about dogs and animals in general and want to learn as much as I can about training.

Re: Hello! New from CT

Post by Kristie E »

:dssmile: Hello!!
Kristie
Rommel's Guenhyvar (Gwenice the Menace) BH, PSA PDC sleeve
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Hello! New from CT

Post by Marjolein »

Welcome :dslook:
Image
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Hello! New from CT

Post by Dutchringgirl »

artistiklove wrote:Lisa, I'm in Naugatuck - so not that far from you, actually. And thanks for the welcome :)
your right next door !!!!!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
artistiklove
Just Whelped
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:33 am
Tell us about yourself: currently own what I believe to be a Dutch mix, and looking for another to train as a personal service dog.

Re: Hello! New from CT

Post by artistiklove »

That's great, at least I know when I am able to get my new guy (or girl), there's someone who lives nearby that can maybe help me out! :)
Becky

Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Hello! New from CT

Post by Dutchringgirl »

you bet, contact me anytime!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Hello! New from CT

Post by leih merigian »

Hi Becky!

I used to live in CT...Rowayton.

Glad you found us...
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Post Reply