Introduction

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
MvViegen
Just Whelped
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:59 pm
Tell us about yourself: Dutch shepherd judge in Holland

Introduction

Post by MvViegen »

Hello,

On request of Marjolein I have agreed to answer questions about the exterior of the Dutch Sheperd.

My name is Mieke van Viegen-Rappange. I am a judge for the Dutch Sheperd and three other sheperd breeds on dogshows.

I own Dutch sheperd myself for about 30 years now. The first three Dogs i owned where long haired and nowaday I own a ten year old short haired Dutch Sheperd named Maartje.

With all my dogs i have attended obedience trainging and agility. I have trained tracking&rescue with Maartje. Also I have trained Maartje to work with a flock of about 350 sheep. Maartje is also a dogshow champion.

Should you have any questions about the exterior of the Dutch sheperd, please let me know.

Kind regards

Mieke
Mieke v. Viegen-Rappange
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Introduction

Post by vneerland »

Awesome! :wtg:
Our long awaited Dutch breed judge has arrived. Warm welcome.
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Introduction

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Excellent!!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
Kristie E
Training Dog
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:09 am
Tell us about yourself: I have had a DS for almost a year. Gwen and I are considering participating in PSA and or possible Ring Sport. I also have a Great Dane. I have grown up around working GSDs and my last GSD was a working K9 officer. I am all about dogs and animals in general and want to learn as much as I can about training.

Re: Introduction

Post by Kristie E »

Yay! and Welcome!! Since you offered, can you tell me or maybe post a picture of what the outside of a DS is supposed to look like (I would prefer a picture so I can compare Gwen to it :dswink" ) I have seen so many different body types I am rather confused about what they should look like.

Glad you are here.
Kristie
Rommel's Guenhyvar (Gwenice the Menace) BH, PSA PDC sleeve
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Introduction

Post by Marjolein »

Yay! Welcome Mieke :dslook:
Image
User avatar
cake73
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 331
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:23 pm
Tell us about yourself: I live in Metro-West Boston with my husband and our rescued Dutch Shepherd, Minnie. She loves anything involving activity. Our first rescued DS, Kaya, loved to tug. Our second rescued DS (who actually turned out to be a GSDx), Marley, loved to nap. I volunteer for the North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue and am a member of the NADSR BOD.
Contact:

Re: Introduction

Post by cake73 »

Cool! Welcome!
Cheryl in MA, with rescued DS
Kaya, adopted January 2006 (over the bridge, September 2014)
Marley, adopted February 2008
Minnie, adopted March 2015


North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue
https://www.facebook.com/NADSR.DSRescue
User avatar
icvanstra
Working Dog
Posts: 1153
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:33 am
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Re: Introduction

Post by icvanstra »

Mieke,

Welcome to the Forum!!

eric
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:13 pm
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Re: Introduction

Post by GSDNanny »

This is so GREAT!! Welcome Mieke! Thank you so much for joining us and willing to share your expertise. And thank you Marj for inviting Mieke. I am looking forward to learning all that Mieke is willing to offer. This is SUPER!

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Introduction

Post by leih merigian »

Greetings!

We're so glad you've joined us here!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
MvViegen
Just Whelped
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:59 pm
Tell us about yourself: Dutch shepherd judge in Holland

Re: Introduction

Post by MvViegen »

I would like to post a picture for Kristie to compare her DS to. However, i don't know how to post a picture.

Can anyone help me out or perhaps kristie can send me a picture of her Gwen so I can take a look at it.

kind regards

Mieke
Mieke v. Viegen-Rappange
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Introduction

Post by Marjolein »

Send me the picture per e-mail, and I will post it in Kristie's topic for you :dswink"
Image
User avatar
Kristie E
Training Dog
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:09 am
Tell us about yourself: I have had a DS for almost a year. Gwen and I are considering participating in PSA and or possible Ring Sport. I also have a Great Dane. I have grown up around working GSDs and my last GSD was a working K9 officer. I am all about dogs and animals in general and want to learn as much as I can about training.

Re: Introduction

Post by Kristie E »

oohhh this is a great day!! some many interesting things happening!!
Kristie
Rommel's Guenhyvar (Gwenice the Menace) BH, PSA PDC sleeve
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: Introduction

Post by Christie M »

Marjolein wrote:Send me the picture per e-mail, and I will post it in Kristie's topic for you :dswink"
Hey Marjolein!

There are 2 of us on the forum- Christie Meyer, that's me and I posted the pics of Willow in the conformation section. I am meaning to get a few more. There is also Kristie Elliott who posted in this thread that she would like to see a pic of a correct DS so that she can compare her personal dog to it. I think that Mieke was trying to post the one here for Kristie E.

Thanks for offering to help though. I just want to see it get post to the rightplace for the right person :-) Us Christie/Kristies make life very difficult for the rest of you :D
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
User avatar
Kristie E
Training Dog
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:09 am
Tell us about yourself: I have had a DS for almost a year. Gwen and I are considering participating in PSA and or possible Ring Sport. I also have a Great Dane. I have grown up around working GSDs and my last GSD was a working K9 officer. I am all about dogs and animals in general and want to learn as much as I can about training.

Re: Introduction

Post by Kristie E »

Christie M wrote: Us Christie/Kristies make life very difficult for the rest of you :D
Yes, we do don't we? But at least we know who we are!!! :lol:
I haven't post Gwen's pics in the topic yet cause I don't have any that I think can be critiqued. I am working on that this weekend (along with some other tasks for GWen :twisted: )
Kristie
Rommel's Guenhyvar (Gwenice the Menace) BH, PSA PDC sleeve
Post Reply