I just joined the forum and I am a new Dutch Shepherd owner. My husband and I recently purchased our puppy from a breeder in Georgia. She is now 15 weeks. We sadly had to put our Boxer to sleep at a young age due to bad hips and luxating patellas (he was a rescue.) We miss him very much
Hi, just joined.
-
Marbled Muffin
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 3:55 am
- Tell us about yourself: My family and I are first time Dutch Shepherd owners. We recently purchased Mae from a breeder in GA. We are enjoying her very much! She is 15 weeks now and so so smart! When she is older I hope to have her as my new running partner, and my husband hopes to do agility with her. :-)
Hi, just joined.
Hi everyone,
I just joined the forum and I am a new Dutch Shepherd owner. My husband and I recently purchased our puppy from a breeder in Georgia. She is now 15 weeks. We sadly had to put our Boxer to sleep at a young age due to bad hips and luxating patellas (he was a rescue.) We miss him very much
. We researched many different breeds, but Dutch Shepherds have always had my attention. We really wanted a breed that is super active, highly trainable, and isn't known for having many health issues; the Dutch Shepherd dog seemed like an amazing fit. We have had Mae since April 10, 2011, and are loving it. We are working on her mouthiness, though. When she older I hope to have her as my new running partner, and my husband would love to do agility with her. 
I just joined the forum and I am a new Dutch Shepherd owner. My husband and I recently purchased our puppy from a breeder in Georgia. She is now 15 weeks. We sadly had to put our Boxer to sleep at a young age due to bad hips and luxating patellas (he was a rescue.) We miss him very much
Mae's Mama <3
Mae
Dutch Shepherd / Female
DOB: January 22, 2011
Mae
Dutch Shepherd / Female
DOB: January 22, 2011
-
Sugars Mom
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1734
- Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.
Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!
I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences. - Location: Victoria BC
Re: Hi, just joined.
Welcome and have fun with your new puppy! Sorry about your Boxer. Always sad to loose a dog.
I hope to see some pics soon!
I hope to see some pics soon!
Sue (and Sugar)

- dutchringdog
- Green Dog
- Posts: 117
- Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:41 am
- Tell us about yourself: I am a single mom with two great children and a lovely DS
Re: Hi, just joined.
Welcome!!! Sorry too about your Boxer. You will be very happy with your DS!!!
-
leih merigian
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1960
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.
Re: Hi, just joined.
Welcome!
Congratulations on your new DS puppy, and very sorry for your loss of your Boxer. That always sucks.
So, what's your name?
Congratulations on your new DS puppy, and very sorry for your loss of your Boxer. That always sucks.
So, what's your name?
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
- Christie M
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1279
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.
Re: Hi, just joined.
Hi there!
Welcome to the group!
Where in GA are you located? We are in Cooekville, TN which is only 3 hours from Atlanta and just over an hour from Chattanooga (which I know is still TN, but it's right on the GA boarder and I am geographically challenged!! What breeder in GA did you get your kid from??
We always LOVE to see pictures, so please do share.
Also, as Leih mentioned, we alway appreciate knowing the posters name as well as the pet's! Its an easy thing to add to your signature!
Thanks again fro joining!
Welcome to the group!
Where in GA are you located? We are in Cooekville, TN which is only 3 hours from Atlanta and just over an hour from Chattanooga (which I know is still TN, but it's right on the GA boarder and I am geographically challenged!! What breeder in GA did you get your kid from??
We always LOVE to see pictures, so please do share.
Also, as Leih mentioned, we alway appreciate knowing the posters name as well as the pet's! Its an easy thing to add to your signature!
Thanks again fro joining!
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
- Marjolein
- Working Dog
- Posts: 2078
- Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
- Location: Warbeyen, Germany
- Contact:
- Kristie E
- Training Dog
- Posts: 321
- Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:09 am
- Tell us about yourself: I have had a DS for almost a year. Gwen and I are considering participating in PSA and or possible Ring Sport. I also have a Great Dane. I have grown up around working GSDs and my last GSD was a working K9 officer. I am all about dogs and animals in general and want to learn as much as I can about training.
Re: Hi, just joined.
Hola! Sorry to hear about your loss... So Glad you have chosen a new stripey friend!


Kristie
Rommel's Guenhyvar (Gwenice the Menace) BH, PSA PDC sleeve
Rommel's Guenhyvar (Gwenice the Menace) BH, PSA PDC sleeve
- vneerland
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1547
- Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
- Tell us about yourself: *
- Location: Tex@s
Re: Hi, just joined.
Welcome. I too am curious about your name, and what bloodline/breeder your Mae is from.
Looking forward to seeing pictures.
Looking forward to seeing pictures.
Judith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds 


Facebook page.

