Update on Henry

General "standards" discussion not specifically related to the coat variety
borellar15
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Living in Austin, Texas with our dogs Zoey(DS), Henry (DS) and Tripper(labX). In college, I worked as a Handler and Assistant Manager of a training and daycare facility for 3 years where I've handled many working dogs. For the past 2 years I have been training Zoey and Henry and we have made some tremendous progress together.

Update on Henry

Post by borellar15 »

Just thought I’d share some more of Henry’s training progression. I’ve got him focused heeling now. Hard to think someone would abandon this dog on the side of the road. He has proven himself to be part of our family now and only goes in the kennel when we leave the house. We now let him roam free throughout the house during the day with the other dogs. He also sleeps at the foot of our bed with Zoey and Tripper as well.

Image Image
Alex - Zoey(DS), Henry (DS), Tripper Lab mix. Austin, Texas
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Re: Update on Henry

Post by ladyjubilee »

I'm glad he is doing so well!

But the big question....is he your dog or your wife's?
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

:wtg: awesome :wtg:
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Tim91118
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Enjoying my Dutch Shepherd and my Malinois

Post by Tim91118 »

You do a good job with your dogs. When are you going to give up the food reward ?
Tim
borellar15
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Living in Austin, Texas with our dogs Zoey(DS), Henry (DS) and Tripper(labX). In college, I worked as a Handler and Assistant Manager of a training and daycare facility for 3 years where I've handled many working dogs. For the past 2 years I have been training Zoey and Henry and we have made some tremendous progress together.

Post by borellar15 »

Tim91118 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 8:20 pm You do a good job with your dogs. When are you going to give up the food reward ?
Thanks Tim. He’s getting a piece of food every time you see my right hand come over to his mouth. I’ve got the clicker in my left hand. I give him food from the right hand so he doesn’t look to my left hand while walking. I use frozen bil jac and ball it up into marble sized pieces.
Image Image
borellar15
Training Dog

Post by borellar15 »

ladyjubilee wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:35 pm I'm glad he is doing so well!

But the big question....is he your dog or your wife's?
Haha he’s both of ours.
Image Image