Hello Guys

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
BlkDutch
Just Whelped
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: Hey my names Jared, Im happily married with a little daughter. We just got our Dutch as a rescue at 7 months old Her name is Dingo.

Hello Guys

Post by BlkDutch »

Hello my names Jared, my wife and I adopted a DS from a adoption agency about a month ago. She is the best dog ever and we had no idea what she was until we got her home and had a friend see her that has a DS and said she is pretty close to being full DS. so me being me researched everything I could to find out more about the breed and had a customer of mine thats a K9 trainer give me some more info on the breed as well. All I can say is that she is the most amazing dog ever and my whole family couldnt be happier! My 4 year old daughter thinks shes the best and Dingo (thats her name) thinks my whole family is the best thing ever its great hahaha. heres some pics ones with my buddies pit bull Duece which we have nicknamed him her bf.
Attachments
dingoduce.jpg
dingoduce.jpg (281.82 KiB) Viewed 3203 times
User avatar
Kristie E
Training Dog
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:09 am
Tell us about yourself: I have had a DS for almost a year. Gwen and I are considering participating in PSA and or possible Ring Sport. I also have a Great Dane. I have grown up around working GSDs and my last GSD was a working K9 officer. I am all about dogs and animals in general and want to learn as much as I can about training.

Re: Hello Guys

Post by Kristie E »

Welcome!
Kristie
Rommel's Guenhyvar (Gwenice the Menace) BH, PSA PDC sleeve
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: Hello Guys

Post by Sugars Mom »

Cute. I like her ears!!
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Hello Guys

Post by leih merigian »

Welcome, Jared and Dingo!

Glad you're finding your new addition to be such a great fit with your family!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Hello Guys

Post by Marjolein »

Welcome! I've got a Dingo too :dssmile:
Image
User avatar
Libbyt
Puppy
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 1:29 am
Tell us about yourself: Hi, I live in NC with my husband, daughter and son. With three Westies and 2 cats already in our family, we recently acquired a Dutch Shepherd as a service dog for our daughter, Sally.

Re: Hello Guys

Post by Libbyt »

Dingo is a very fitting name for these dogs..........Sasha makes me think of Wile E. Coyote sometimes too!!
Libby
Mom of Sally and her DS BFF, Sasha
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Hello Guys

Post by Marjolein »

Libbyt wrote:Dingo is a very fitting name for these dogs..........Sasha makes me think of Wile E. Coyote sometimes too!!

Oh man, I've been a Wile E. Coyote fan for years!!! Got a big sticker of him on my electric guitar :mrgreen:
Image
Image
User avatar
Libbyt
Puppy
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 1:29 am
Tell us about yourself: Hi, I live in NC with my husband, daughter and son. With three Westies and 2 cats already in our family, we recently acquired a Dutch Shepherd as a service dog for our daughter, Sally.

Re: Hello Guys

Post by Libbyt »

Great example, Marjolein, the big ears & eyes and the floofy tail are spot on!!
Libby
Mom of Sally and her DS BFF, Sasha
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: Hello Guys

Post by alspyce »

My 83yr. old mom is called the road runner (because she's always going someplace) and got a Tattoo of him on her hand. (If I had come home with a tattoo she would have killed me) Everyone loves that cartoon.
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Hello Guys

Post by Marjolein »

Libbyt wrote:Great example, Marjolein, the big ears & eyes and the floofy tail are spot on!!
so is the lack of solid ground under the paws :dssmile:
Image
User avatar
Libbyt
Puppy
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 1:29 am
Tell us about yourself: Hi, I live in NC with my husband, daughter and son. With three Westies and 2 cats already in our family, we recently acquired a Dutch Shepherd as a service dog for our daughter, Sally.

Re: Hello Guys

Post by Libbyt »

YES, you are so right! I think Sasha spends as much time in the air as on the ground!!!
Libby
Mom of Sally and her DS BFF, Sasha
Post Reply