UK/AUS breeders to import to Hawaii

Have something you want to sell or buy related to a Dutch Shepherd? Put it here.
Forum rules
If you are selling a Dutch Shepherd or announcing a litter please post the results of the normally expected health tests or clearly state that they are not available. ...people are going to ask for them.
Stranded_Drew
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I currently live in Hawaii, have experience with working dogs and an looking to get a Dutch pup to Hawaii.

Unfortunately there are no breeders in the Hawaiian islands and getting a pup from the mainland is a very long process that takes around a 9 months once the puppy STARTS getting shots.

So I’m looking for reputable breeders in the British isles, Australia, New Zealand.

Specifically; male, active companion, nose work/ tracking. Good conformation / health guarantee

UK/AUS breeders to import to Hawaii

Post by Stranded_Drew »

I currently live in Hawaii, have experience with working dogs and am looking to get a Dutch pup to Hawaii.

Unfortunately there are no breeders in the Hawaiian islands and getting a pup from the mainland USA is a very long process that takes around a 9 months once the puppy STARTS getting shots.

So I’m looking for reputable breeders in the British isles, Australia, New Zealand.

Specifically; male, active companion (ultra marathon buddy), nose work/ tracking,
Tim91118
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Enjoying my Dutch Shepherd and my Malinois

Re: UK/AUS breeders to import to Hawaii

Post by Tim91118 »

Should not be that hard of a task. Good luck
Tim
Stranded_Drew
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I currently live in Hawaii, have experience with working dogs and an looking to get a Dutch pup to Hawaii.

Unfortunately there are no breeders in the Hawaiian islands and getting a pup from the mainland is a very long process that takes around a 9 months once the puppy STARTS getting shots.

Specifically; male, active companion, nose work/ tracking. Good conformation / health guarantee

Post by Stranded_Drew »

It’s proving to be pretty difficult. My online searching is cloudied by a lot of backyard breeding and mal/Dutch mixes
Tim91118
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Enjoying my Dutch Shepherd and my Malinois

Post by Tim91118 »

Don’t be afraid of the mal/Dutch as that’s the way working dog people breed their working dogs. These breeds are so similar it’s just a matter of color in most cases.
Tim
Indi
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: KNPV Dutchy girl – Racy
KNPV Dutchy boy – Tiger

RIP old mate, 18-year-old GSD Indi :(

Post by Indi »

Probably a bit late now, but there is only one breeder of FCI Dutchies in Australia that I know of (who was also instrumental in having the breed recognised here in Australia) as most are breeding KNPV type dogs which includes Mal/Dutch crosses. Both of my Dutchies come from KNPV lines. One is a black Mal x Dutchie (he's actually 3/4 Mal going back to Duco II lines) and the other comes from a long line of Dutch-coat KNPV dogs (Hans Pegge lines).

You are correct about the backyard breeders over here – there seem to be more of them popping up each month – but there are some reputable breeders also. Part of the problem is you have to know them, or get an introduction, as most of the good guys don't need to advertise and many of their pups are sold in advance.

However, they are out there. If by chance you are still looking and see this, PM me and I'll try to help. If you want a pure FCI line, that will be harder, but as mentioned above – don't discount the Mal/Dutch KNPV lines.