The 3-3-3 Rule of Dog Adoption

centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

The 3-3-3 Rule of Dog Adoption

Post by centrop67 »

Anyone recognize the dog in the first picture?
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Re: The 3-3-3 Rule of Dog Adoption

Post by ladyjubilee »

Mustang looks so cute.
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

:D :D
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
rklahn42
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Proud new human companion for Laika, a 7-year-old Dutch Shepherd. Here to learn more about her.

Post by rklahn42 »

I'm a new human companion to Laika, a 7-year-old Dutch Shepherd rescue. She is my first dog ever. This image explains a lot. I wish I had seen it when Laika first joined us.

Been on this site for 10 minutes, and already I'm learning important lessons. I'm glad to be here, and glad the site is here.
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Post by ladyjubilee »

Do you have any history on her?

I think the chart is good, but just remember every dog is different. Casper (not DS) allowed me to rub his belly for the first time last night, after being with us for a year. He had been returned to the shelter 2 and it was obvious he was kept in a small kennel 24/7. He took way longer to go through the stages.

What is Laika like?
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
laboswell
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Hi everyone! We're from the Atlanta, Georgia area of the US. I'm the proud mom of a blended family with two amazing young adults.

We're not new to higher drive dogs. We adopted our current puppy from the shelter on 3/30/2022 and named him Graham. Our older guy is a Border Collie/Lab Mix.

He's 'presumed' to be a Dutch mix. So far he's been a bundle of puppy energy, extremely quick to pick up on things and he's so loving and just soaks up the loves, cuddles and scritches like a sponge!

Update 2022-04-26: Shepherd/Boxer/Lab/Golden Mix

Post by laboswell »

rklahn42 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:38 pm I'm a new human companion to Laika, a 7-year-old Dutch Shepherd rescue. She is my first dog ever. This image explains a lot. I wish I had seen it when Laika first joined us.

Been on this site for 10 minutes, and already I'm learning important lessons. I'm glad to be here, and glad the site is here.
Not sure if you're still on the site or not but how is Laika doing now-a-days?
Just another person that loves animals. Thought w had a Dutch but he ended up being a genetic mutt. Work, life, kids, husband, career, dogs, koi all the normal things!
laboswell
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Hi everyone! We're from the Atlanta, Georgia area of the US. I'm the proud mom of a blended family with two amazing young adults.

We're not new to higher drive dogs. We adopted our current puppy from the shelter on 3/30/2022 and named him Graham. Our older guy is a Border Collie/Lab Mix.

He's 'presumed' to be a Dutch mix. So far he's been a bundle of puppy energy, extremely quick to pick up on things and he's so loving and just soaks up the loves, cuddles and scritches like a sponge!

Update 2022-04-26: Shepherd/Boxer/Lab/Golden Mix

Post by laboswell »

Just found this. About right! Ours was a little manic the first few days. You may want to add another 3 to that - companion human needs 3 drinks a night for the first 3 nights, 3 a week for the next 3 weeks.... :lol:
Just another person that loves animals. Thought w had a Dutch but he ended up being a genetic mutt. Work, life, kids, husband, career, dogs, koi all the normal things!