Hello from Jupiter, FL

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Hello from Jupiter, FL

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Hello everyone!

My name is Eva. I adopted a 1 year old male Dutch Shepherd last July. I am originally from Germany, moved to the US in 1992 and currently live in Jupiter, FL. I trained a GSD to SchutzhundI in Germany, many, many years ago. Had in the meantime two black Labs, Ben & Jerry. One passed last year and I adopted "Marco" (named after the famous Dutch soccer player Marco Van Baasten :D ).
I joined the forum to communicate with other DS owners. I am also a member of the German DS forum under the same screen name.
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Hello from Jupiter, FL

Post by Marjolein »

Welcome :dssmile:
I don't know you from the German forum tho...? Not the HSCD one is it?
Image
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: Hello from Jupiter, FL

Post by Schlussdibusti »

I'm a member of this forum: http://www.hollandse-herder-forum.de.
Just googled HSCD and found this site: http://www.hscd-ev.de. Is this the one you are referring too? Didn't know so many DS forum exist. :google:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Hello from Jupiter, FL

Post by Marjolein »

yup, that's the one!
Ofcourse there is the Dutch one too :dswink"
Image
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Hello from Jupiter, FL

Post by leih merigian »

Welcome, Eva...and don't be shy with the pictures!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
Kristie E
Training Dog
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:09 am
Tell us about yourself: I have had a DS for almost a year. Gwen and I are considering participating in PSA and or possible Ring Sport. I also have a Great Dane. I have grown up around working GSDs and my last GSD was a working K9 officer. I am all about dogs and animals in general and want to learn as much as I can about training.

Re: Hello from Jupiter, FL

Post by Kristie E »

hello and Welcome!! where are the pictures? we LOVE pictures
Kristie
Rommel's Guenhyvar (Gwenice the Menace) BH, PSA PDC sleeve
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: Hello from Jupiter, FL

Post by Schlussdibusti »

You want pictures................. Here they come........... :D
Marco.JPG
Marco water patrol.JPG
Lochness.JPG
Marco focused.JPG
Marco sitz.JPG
DSCF0005.JPG
DSCF0002.JPG
4 hours of this.............
4 hours of this.JPG
4 hours of this 1.JPG
4 hours of this 2.JPG
4 hours of this 3.JPG
P.S.: The black Lab is Marco's "swim instructor".

Results in that!
Results in that.JPG
Did the server crash yet?? :whistle: :whistle:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: Hello from Jupiter, FL

Post by Christie M »

LOVE the pictures. My girl would swim all day also if I let her. I love it!
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
User avatar
Kristie E
Training Dog
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:09 am
Tell us about yourself: I have had a DS for almost a year. Gwen and I are considering participating in PSA and or possible Ring Sport. I also have a Great Dane. I have grown up around working GSDs and my last GSD was a working K9 officer. I am all about dogs and animals in general and want to learn as much as I can about training.

Re: Hello from Jupiter, FL

Post by Kristie E »

I love the Lochness (monster :dslook: )!!!!!
Kristie
Rommel's Guenhyvar (Gwenice the Menace) BH, PSA PDC sleeve
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: Hello from Jupiter, FL

Post by Sugars Mom »

Super nice pics and great looking dog too!!
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Hello from Jupiter, FL

Post by Marjolein »

Kristie Elliott wrote:I love the Lochness (monster :dslook: )!!!!!
me too! Whaha! :dssmile:
Image
User avatar
k9katet
Training Dog
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:04 pm
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility.
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Re: Hello from Jupiter, FL

Post by k9katet »

Beautiful pictures!
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Hello from Jupiter, FL

Post by leih merigian »

Oh, I'm green...you have a water lover!! Handsome, too!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
Libbyt
Puppy
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 1:29 am
Tell us about yourself: Hi, I live in NC with my husband, daughter and son. With three Westies and 2 cats already in our family, we recently acquired a Dutch Shepherd as a service dog for our daughter, Sally.

Re: Hello from Jupiter, FL

Post by Libbyt »

OMG, I almost fell off my chair at that Lochness picture - that is HILARIOUS! I think Marco could have been a contender for "The Look" photo contest - he is very intense! ANd I love the picture of that poor Lab - he just wore the swim instructor slap out, didn't he??? Funny!!
Libby
Mom of Sally and her DS BFF, Sasha
User avatar
cake73
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 331
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:23 pm
Tell us about yourself: I live in Metro-West Boston with my husband and our rescued Dutch Shepherd, Minnie. She loves anything involving activity. Our first rescued DS, Kaya, loved to tug. Our second rescued DS (who actually turned out to be a GSDx), Marley, loved to nap. I volunteer for the North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue and am a member of the NADSR BOD.
Contact:

Re: Hello from Jupiter, FL

Post by cake73 »

Great photos!

So, he seems to really enjoy the water, no? :dssmile:
Cheryl in MA, with rescued DS
Kaya, adopted January 2006 (over the bridge, September 2014)
Marley, adopted February 2008
Minnie, adopted March 2015


North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue
https://www.facebook.com/NADSR.DSRescue
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: Hello from Jupiter, FL

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Thanks so much for all the nice comments!

Marco's "swim instructor", my senior Lab Jerry, swims every morning for about an hour in a quiet saltwater lagoon.
Jerry 13.JPG
At first, Marco wasn't all that crazy about the water but when he saw Jerry "showing off", he got so mad that he went all in. :mad: Now I can't get him out of the water! If you like, you can see him "in action" on youtube (link in signature).
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Hello from Jupiter, FL

Post by vneerland »

Hello Eva! I know we have a lot of folks from Venus here, and a few from Mars, but I bet you are the first one from Jupiter. :)
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Post Reply