Hiya from Western NY!

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
JoanKB
Just Whelped
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:43 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm an owner of 3 rescue dogs. Sasha-Mostly DS (?) Fizban a black GSD with silver bleed through and a spitzy type mix. I live for my critters....oh, and I have 3 cats too.

Hiya from Western NY!

Post by JoanKB »

Hiya! I share my house with a bunch of critters: A GSD a Mostly DS (I think) and a little (45lb) spitz mix. I've been in love with Dutch shepherds since I heard about them....10 years ago? I took in Sasha as a rescue...Foster failure!
Image
pretty sure you can tell witch one Sasha is :D ...what'd you think...mostly dutch?

She's got one soft ear..Image
looking to see if I can find better pics....I have about a million pics of my dogs :oops:

Sasha on her couch after a loooong drive back from North Carolina...oh and the white on her face...she's 8ish

Image
Joan
Mom to
Kitchi...Spitz mix
Sasha....DS Mix
Fizban...Black ish GSD
AND 3 rescue kitties
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Hiya from Western NY!

Post by Marjolein »

nice looking brindle :D Welcome :dssmile:
Image
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Hiya from Western NY!

Post by vneerland »

Welcome Joan from Western NY with your lovely brindle. She looks the DS part in the first picture where she is involved in a heated argument. Not that that is a Dutch trait, of course. :? :oops: :g_wink:
I love that facial expression. Great photo!!! :wtg:
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: Hiya from Western NY!

Post by alspyce »

Welcome! Finally another New Yorker!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: Hiya from Western NY!

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Welcome! Looks like you got a nice pack. Love the pic of the DS on the couch. :wtg: After all that hard play, you need a nice place to rest! :D
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
User avatar
Libbyt
Puppy
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 1:29 am
Tell us about yourself: Hi, I live in NC with my husband, daughter and son. With three Westies and 2 cats already in our family, we recently acquired a Dutch Shepherd as a service dog for our daughter, Sally.

Re: Hiya from Western NY!

Post by Libbyt »

Hello, we have a Sasha DS in our family too! You mentioned a NC connection........? We are in western NC.
Libby
Mom of Sally and her DS BFF, Sasha
JoanKB
Just Whelped
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:43 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm an owner of 3 rescue dogs. Sasha-Mostly DS (?) Fizban a black GSD with silver bleed through and a spitzy type mix. I live for my critters....oh, and I have 3 cats too.

Re: Hiya from Western NY!

Post by JoanKB »

Hiya Libby! We went down to NC for a week around New Years. We spent a week with one of my friends in Iron Station.
Joan
Mom to
Kitchi...Spitz mix
Sasha....DS Mix
Fizban...Black ish GSD
AND 3 rescue kitties
Post Reply