Hello from WNY!!

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
Kristen
Just Whelped
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:50 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Kristen and I have two wonderful dogs.Henna is my yellow lab, nurturing, always willing to please, and never more than 2 feet apart from me.never.And Wylie is my mixed/DS? pup.he had a rough start to life but has become a very independent and oh so loving little man. They are my everything.

Hello from WNY!!

Post by Kristen »

Hello! I have to start out by saying Iam so happy to have found this site and thank you for welcoming me!!
A few months ago i adopted a puppy thru a rescue.He was found on the streets of Tennesee and taken to a high kill gasing shelter..he was labled a pit bull because of his brindle coat and sent to be gased..but lucky little man one of the volenteers actually took him and hid him in a crate being sent to wny and saved his life.When I adopted him I was told her was a "Pit Mix" but as he grew it was clear he wasnt.Alot of people asked me if he was a DS and i looked into it.
His name is Wylie and I think he is about 6 months and 45 pounds.He is very smart and learns new things so quick.He is very wary of strangers but once he trusts a person he will be loyal to them forever.He is also very protective.His ear only stand up some of the time too. I dont think he is a full DS but maybe some of you can help me...Again thank you any advice would be helpful.
Sorry for the quality of some of the pics..they were taken on my phone.
Attachments
MYMAN11.jpg
MYMAN11.jpg (92.62 KiB) Viewed 2574 times
wyliew00.jpg
wyliew00.jpg (258.39 KiB) Viewed 2574 times
ds2.jpg
ds2.jpg (38.94 KiB) Viewed 2574 times
ds1.jpg
ds1.jpg (33.71 KiB) Viewed 2574 times
Kris.
User avatar
Libbyt
Puppy
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 1:29 am
Tell us about yourself: Hi, I live in NC with my husband, daughter and son. With three Westies and 2 cats already in our family, we recently acquired a Dutch Shepherd as a service dog for our daughter, Sally.

Re: Hello from WNY!!

Post by Libbyt »

I'm a newbie, so can't help you with speculation on his breed mix, but he sure is cute! What a sweet face - lucky dog!
Libby
Mom of Sally and her DS BFF, Sasha
JoanKB
Just Whelped
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:43 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm an owner of 3 rescue dogs. Sasha-Mostly DS (?) Fizban a black GSD with silver bleed through and a spitzy type mix. I live for my critters....oh, and I have 3 cats too.

Re: Hello from WNY!!

Post by JoanKB »

Hiya to another Western NYer! What a cutie! I'd guess plotthound mix..His coat looks really smooth and close to his body like a pit or a plotts would be
Joan
Mom to
Kitchi...Spitz mix
Sasha....DS Mix
Fizban...Black ish GSD
AND 3 rescue kitties
User avatar
Kristie E
Training Dog
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:09 am
Tell us about yourself: I have had a DS for almost a year. Gwen and I are considering participating in PSA and or possible Ring Sport. I also have a Great Dane. I have grown up around working GSDs and my last GSD was a working K9 officer. I am all about dogs and animals in general and want to learn as much as I can about training.

Re: Hello from WNY!!

Post by Kristie E »

Sure is cute... what he might be... I like the frosty lip...
Kristie
Rommel's Guenhyvar (Gwenice the Menace) BH, PSA PDC sleeve
User avatar
Libbyt
Puppy
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 1:29 am
Tell us about yourself: Hi, I live in NC with my husband, daughter and son. With three Westies and 2 cats already in our family, we recently acquired a Dutch Shepherd as a service dog for our daughter, Sally.

Re: Hello from WNY!!

Post by Libbyt »

Is that a doggie-style milk mustache?!
Libby
Mom of Sally and her DS BFF, Sasha
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Hello from WNY!!

Post by Marjolein »

What a nice dog! And super he was saved, why do people kill dogs just because of a mix with a certain breed :roll: Do they know most bite incidents in europe come from golden retrievers and dachshund??

I hate to bring it to you...but I could go with pit mix :dsshock: :dssmile: Or a bigger type of dog, like Am. bulldog or something, looking at the tail and head. I would not say DS, but who cares! You've got a great dog 8-)
Image
User avatar
k9katet
Training Dog
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:04 pm
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility.
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Re: Hello from WNY!!

Post by k9katet »

I'm thinking Boxer mix. I love how dark his colors are! And he has the cutest face.
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:13 pm
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Re: Hello from WNY!!

Post by GSDNanny »

I see Boxer also. Nice coloring.

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
Post Reply