hello i'm from cali *ken* *kenneth*

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
kennethroth
Just Whelped
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:43 pm
Tell us about yourself: i like fishing cooking hunting dogs playing pool
Location: califronia usa

hello i'm from cali *ken* *kenneth*

Post by kennethroth »

:D hello i am looking into dutchies for a future breeder and came upon this forum and i joined to beable to learn more about them dutchies, a bartender i know told me they'er hybred dogs :) i like dobes and dutchies
name is kenneth go by ken age 25 no dogs sister, had a chilauauwa mix sharp/agressive male now she has a prue bred female chiluawua she afraid of me :lol: we'er working on that with her. i have seen soem dutchies around my area. i like fishing ,cooking ,camping ,mtb racing ,went to cullinary arts
Die Fighting or Die In Hell Kenneth
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: hello i'm from cali *ken* *kenneth*

Post by leih merigian »

Welcome, Ken,

Do you have any experience with dogs? You mentioned that you like Dobes...have you owned one?

What attracts you to a Dutch shepherd at this time?
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
kennethroth
Just Whelped
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:43 pm
Tell us about yourself: i like fishing cooking hunting dogs playing pool
Location: califronia usa

Re: hello i'm from cali *ken* *kenneth*

Post by kennethroth »

i have experience with my sisters mutts haha other then that no.

dont own a dobe and making my mind up which to get it depends on if the dog breeds have allergins in their coats. they dont breed dobes that have the temperments i want and dutch sheps have the temperments that i want. i have to go immport a dobe from europe if i want the one i want..

i like this breeder workingdutchies.com

dutch sheps are an interesting dog breed
Die Fighting or Die In Hell Kenneth
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: hello i'm from cali *ken* *kenneth*

Post by leih merigian »

kennethroth wrote:... dutch sheps have the temperments that i want. ..dutch sheps are an interesting dog breed
What temperament are you looking for? What are your plans for your dog? (Sports, activities, etc.).
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: hello i'm from cali *ken* *kenneth*

Post by leih merigian »

Ken,

I guess you live in Australia, eh?

That kennel looks fine from their website, as far as the dogs go.

As a first time potential dog owner, I am wondering if you have any idea what you are getting yourself into in seeking a dog from this kennel? These are very serious dogs.
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: hello i'm from cali *ken* *kenneth*

Post by Christie M »

kennethroth wrote::D hello i am looking into dutchies for a future breeder and came upon this forum and i joined to beable to learn more about them dutchies, a bartender i know told me they'er hybred dogs :) i like dobes and dutchies
name is kenneth go by ken age 25 no dogs sister, had a chilauauwa mix sharp/agressive male now she has a prue bred female chiluawua she afraid of me :lol: we'er working on that with her. i have seen soem dutchies around my area. i like fishing ,cooking ,camping ,mtb racing ,went to cullinary arts
Hi Ken,

Welcome to the forum. Hopefully you will find the information that you want here. In the meantime, if you could visit the User Control Center (link located at the top left of the home page) and create a signature with your name it would help a ton!!

Dutch Shepherds are a lot of dog - requiring a ton of interaction, including mental and physical stimulation. I would just make sure that if you get a serious dog that you get with a serious dog trainer! They need a job and a way to vent. If you don't provide them with one, they create one....and sometimes that is redecorating the house....starting with gutting the couch.
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
kennethroth
Just Whelped
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:43 pm
Tell us about yourself: i like fishing cooking hunting dogs playing pool
Location: califronia usa

Re: hello i'm from cali *ken* *kenneth*

Post by kennethroth »

well i dont want a family dog, i want a sharp tough dog.

dobermanns do the same things if mistreated they get even or get back at their owners..

i live in califronia usa why ask if i live in Australia?

one problem i have is their is no health testing on their breed stock. *workingdutchies.com*
Die Fighting or Die In Hell Kenneth
User avatar
Kristie E
Training Dog
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:09 am
Tell us about yourself: I have had a DS for almost a year. Gwen and I are considering participating in PSA and or possible Ring Sport. I also have a Great Dane. I have grown up around working GSDs and my last GSD was a working K9 officer. I am all about dogs and animals in general and want to learn as much as I can about training.

Re: hello i'm from cali *ken* *kenneth*

Post by Kristie E »

I have seen both Dutchies and Mals eat their owners out of frustration not mistreatment.. I have heard of the Aussies breeding program and what they put out. I haven't heard anything negative. Welcome to the board.
Kristie
Rommel's Guenhyvar (Gwenice the Menace) BH, PSA PDC sleeve
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: hello i'm from cali *ken* *kenneth*

Post by alspyce »

[quote="kenn hello i am looking into dutchies for a future breeder ethroth"]:
Did you mean you are looking for a dog for yourself to breed in the future? If so--why would you choose a breed you know so little about? This is not a breed for a beginner, and breeding dogs is a very expensive and time consuming endeavor with no profits other than the satisfaction of having done it properly.
IMO after 55 years in GSD's, and 15 years owning a DS. (Damn--now I've given away my age) :twocents: :whistle:
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: hello i'm from cali *ken* *kenneth*

Post by alspyce »

Typo: Meant to type 35 years in GSD's
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: hello i'm from cali *ken* *kenneth*

Post by Christie M »

alspyce wrote:Typo: Meant to type 35 years in GSD's
I kinda liked it when you were into dogs for 70 years ;-)
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: hello i'm from cali *ken* *kenneth*

Post by alspyce »

Sometimes I feel that old!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: hello i'm from cali *ken* *kenneth*

Post by leih merigian »

kennethroth wrote: i live in califronia usa why ask if i live in Australia?

... *workingdutchies.com*
Um, did you happen to notice where this kennel is located? :D
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
Kristie E
Training Dog
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:09 am
Tell us about yourself: I have had a DS for almost a year. Gwen and I are considering participating in PSA and or possible Ring Sport. I also have a Great Dane. I have grown up around working GSDs and my last GSD was a working K9 officer. I am all about dogs and animals in general and want to learn as much as I can about training.

Re: hello i'm from cali *ken* *kenneth*

Post by Kristie E »

alspyce wrote:
kenn hello i am looking into dutchies for a future breeder ethroth wrote::
Did you mean you are looking for a dog for yourself to breed in the future? If so--why would you choose a breed you know so little about? This is not a breed for a beginner, and breeding dogs is a very expensive and time consuming endeavor with no profits other than the satisfaction of having done it properly.
IMO after 55 years in GSD's, and 15 years owning a DS. (Damn--now I've given away my age) :twocents: :whistle:
We are being kept so busy by our own DS's and their antics that we would have never added things up to figure out how old you are in dog years which is what you obviously put down for us to see... :dssmile: :dswink"
Kristie
Rommel's Guenhyvar (Gwenice the Menace) BH, PSA PDC sleeve
kennethroth
Just Whelped
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:43 pm
Tell us about yourself: i like fishing cooking hunting dogs playing pool
Location: califronia usa

Re: hello i'm from cali *ken* *kenneth*

Post by kennethroth »

do i have to answer? lol i am known to get banned on web sites i am at 10 sites now :lol:

looking for future breeders as in breeders that i want a pup from.

doesn't matter if i don't know that the breeder is in Australia or iraq or pakistan or china ,i want the one i want. i'll go to north korea if they got the right bloodlines pup/dog.

i was looking into workingdutchies cause they'er dogs can be daul purpose k9's

i will train mine as a daul purpose k9
Die Fighting or Die In Hell Kenneth
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: hello i'm from cali *ken* *kenneth*

Post by Schlussdibusti »

I looked at the workingdutchies.com website. They are breeding only the toughest dogs from KNPV lines. Some have "WIbo" as grandpa. :lol: I would be very surprised if they sell a novice like you one of their dogs.
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: hello i'm from cali *ken* *kenneth*

Post by vneerland »

And who ever wants to get into Dutch shepherds, please be aware that they are extremely smart dogs. :mrgreen: Staying one step ahead of them, regardless of what kennel they come from, can be a challenge.
For any and all of us, it is a constant effort to prove that we are smarter than our dogs. I -most often- am not. :lol:
You mentioned daul purpose. What purposes what that be? :?
Of course, If you want your dog to come out of North Korea, I hope you have the funds and the contacts to get it out of the country before it ends up with rice on the side. ;)
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Brindle
Green Dog
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:03 am
Tell us about yourself: Loving life in Oregon with some AMAZING Dutch Shepherds !

UWP Vrijheid's Force IPO3 (x5), FH2, AD, TDX, OSP, L2C, CGC, CD, APR1, TDU, NW3-C, NW3-E, NW3-V, NW3-I, NW3 Elite, ELT1, NA, NF, L3I, TG-N, TN-N, NAJ, VCD1, CSL1- F, CSL1-H, ELT2, L1E, CA, L2E, ELT3, ELT-CH, L3V, K9 Blood Donor
Vrijheid's Qahlua (Vodka) IPO3, L2I, L3C, NW3V, NW3C, NW3E. NW3I, L3E, NJP, NAP, OFP, NW3 Elite, L2V, TD
Van Kracht's Absolut Fury ( youngster in training )
Location: Oregon

Re: hello i'm from cali *ken* *kenneth*

Post by Brindle »

vneerland wrote:And who ever wants to get into Dutch shepherds, please be aware that they are extremely smart dogs. :mrgreen: Staying one step ahead of them, regardless of what kennel they come from, can be a challenge.
For any and all of us, it is a constant effort to prove that we are smarter than our dogs. I -most often- am not. :lol:

..... and I would also like to add that they *think* a little differently than some other dogs :twisted:

So getting communication right can have a little extra challenge too ;)

( ok , so I'm basing this on my experience with one DS , so maybe I just have an odd one ??? However I suspect from others posting that I don't have the only challenging ' different thinking ' DS )
UWP Vrijheid's Force IPO3,FH2,AD,TDX,OSP,L2C,CGC,CD,APR1,TDU,NA,NF,L3I,TG-N,TN-N,NAJ,VCD1,CSL1-F,CSL1-H,L1E,CA,L2E, ELT-CH,L3V

Vrijheid's Qahlua IPO3,L2I,L3CI,L3E,NJP,NAP,OFP,NW3 Elite,L2V,TD

Van Kracht's Absolut Fury ( in training )
Post Reply