Newbie from New Jersey

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
User avatar
Bobswife
Just Whelped
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:32 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Martha and I live near Atlantic City, NJ, USA. I adopted Shelby, our dutch shepherd, last July and have been looking for someplace on the web to talk about our wonderful pup. At first, what a challenge, she definitely needs consistency and leadership!
Location: Egg Harbor Township, NJ

Newbie from New Jersey

Post by Bobswife »

Hi all!! We adopted Shelby last July. She is a 3 year old Dutch Shepherd. We are her third and forever home!

I had never dealt with a strong willed dog before and almost gave her up. I am so glad we stuck it out and worked with her, training and teaching. She is a wonderful companion now! We are so glad to have her. I hope I can ask lots of questions and share some of our experience.
shelby walk.jpg
shelby walk.jpg (194.78 KiB) Viewed 3570 times
Shelby
Image Martha
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: Newbie from New Jersey

Post by Christie M »

Hello!! Welcome to the forum! Shelby is a beautiful dog! Where did she come from? She is very lucky to have ended up in your home! I am sure she is also grateful that you didn't give up on her as well.

Please take a moment to add your name to your signature! We all like to know who we are talking to :D
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
User avatar
Bobswife
Just Whelped
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:32 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Martha and I live near Atlantic City, NJ, USA. I adopted Shelby, our dutch shepherd, last July and have been looking for someplace on the web to talk about our wonderful pup. At first, what a challenge, she definitely needs consistency and leadership!
Location: Egg Harbor Township, NJ

Re: Newbie from New Jersey

Post by Bobswife »

Thanks! Name added....: ) We got her Hammonton, NJ, her prior owners moved and did not take her. Do not know much of her history. Fulled vetted her but she did test positive for heart worms, treatment went well, expensive, but worth it.
Shelby
Image Martha
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Newbie from New Jersey

Post by leih merigian »

Welcome Martha and Shelby! She's a fine looking girl!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: Newbie from New Jersey

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Welcome to the forum! And very nice looking DS :wtg:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Newbie from New Jersey

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Welcome !
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Newbie from New Jersey

Post by vneerland »

Welcome Martha and Shelby! 8-)
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:13 pm
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Re: Newbie from New Jersey

Post by GSDNanny »

Ditto! Welcome aboard the DS forum!

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
User avatar
Bobswife
Just Whelped
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:32 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Martha and I live near Atlantic City, NJ, USA. I adopted Shelby, our dutch shepherd, last July and have been looking for someplace on the web to talk about our wonderful pup. At first, what a challenge, she definitely needs consistency and leadership!
Location: Egg Harbor Township, NJ

Re: Newbie from New Jersey

Post by Bobswife »

Thank you all!
Shelby
Image Martha
User avatar
jsweet
Just Whelped
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:36 am
Tell us about yourself: i am 28. i am in the military and i love my DS

Re: Newbie from New Jersey

Post by jsweet »

hello fellow New Jerseian! me and claymore are from galloway. glad to have you aboard...
My dog is a furry chainsaw. ----joe----
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Newbie from New Jersey

Post by Marjolein »

Hi, welcome :dssmile:
Image
Post Reply