Balis

Have a photo you want to share?
Post Reply
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Balis

Post by Christie M »

Meet Balis.
2.jpg
2.jpg (94.99 KiB) Viewed 4293 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (122.16 KiB) Viewed 4293 times
She is about 7 months old right now and we were just working on some distraction and grip work.
3.jpg
3.jpg (112.04 KiB) Viewed 4293 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (134.87 KiB) Viewed 4293 times
5.jpg
5.jpg (134.15 KiB) Viewed 4293 times
6.jpg
6.jpg (115.39 KiB) Viewed 4293 times
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Balis

Post by Dutchringgirl »

she is beautiful !!!!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Balis

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Im not sure if you had told us , but is she Balix's sister? They look similar, they both have a broad nose.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: Balis

Post by alspyce »

Pretty girl! More Pix!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Balis

Post by vneerland »

Congrats. But not enough info. :twisted: The head looks like a KNPV dog, with the shape and ear set.
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
User avatar
k9katet
Training Dog
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:04 pm
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility.
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Re: Balis

Post by k9katet »

After looking back at Facebook it looks like they Balis and Salix have the same sire - Titan.

Are you going to do Schutzhund with her too? Love the environmental stuff that you do. We who do just SchH seem to forget about that.
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: Balis

Post by Christie M »

Sorry - didn't know that "info" is required for pic posting. I think shes pretty freaking cute. So I put up pics of both of my dogs.

I'm not sure if its a KNPV pedigree as one side did a bunch of ring stuff - but its a really nice working pedigree with some sought after dogs now, producing good consistent dogs.

Heather, we might do Sch as we are getting more into the formality of things. She will absolutely do PSA, agility and flyball......but I may be getting a liking for tracking :-) Don't tell.
Last edited by Christie M on Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
User avatar
k9katet
Training Dog
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:04 pm
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility.
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Re: Balis

Post by k9katet »

I was just curious, Christie. I'm always trying to learn more about the dogs being bred and what they're producing and stuff. Cute puppies. That Frank puppy is super cute. He looks like trouble too.
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: Balis

Post by Christie M »

Heather - no issues.

Yeah - she and Salix and honeslty, Vader are all out of Titan. So far I am very happy with how he has produced and am proud of where we have been able to put the offspring - locally, TN HWY patrol, MI......
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
User avatar
k9katet
Training Dog
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:04 pm
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility.
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Re: Balis

Post by k9katet »

LOL - I like tracking - for awhile - until I run into an issue that I'm not sure how to fix. It's a love hate thing. Same as with Snooker (which you'll find out if you do CPE or USDAA agility). :)
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
Lauren
Training Dog
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:29 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.

Re: Balis

Post by Lauren »

What a beautiful face.
Lauren from Western NC
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Balis

Post by Marjolein »

Awww, lovely dog 8-)
I agree, more pics!

This is a sister of Titan, and daddy Roy apparantly listened to the name "Leiru" :roll: :lol:
http://www.working-dog.eu/dogs-details/ ... de-lOlympe
Image
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Balis

Post by vneerland »

Christie M wrote:Sorry - didn't know that "info" is required for pic posting. I think shes pretty freaking cute. So I put up pics of both of my dogs.
Sorry, I did not know that you would not understand that we would love to know who the pup is that you posted the pictures of. ;) Nothing required though. Just curiousity. I assume you missed the 'evil' smiley, meaning it was teasing.
Christie M wrote:I'm not sure if its a KNPV pedigree as one side did a bunch of ring stuff
I saw a lot of KNPV background. From Asheley's Aaron, to "Roy vd Vastenow" aka Leiru, and Joy. Maybe I should have stated that I did not mean that to imply the work they do, but the KNPV lineage.
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1608
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:19 am
Tell us about yourself: .

Re: Balis

Post by Raven »

How freakin' good lookin' Balis is. Something in "the look" strikes me of Thor (who is doing very well). Indeed, more pictures.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: Balis

Post by Christie M »

vneerland wrote:Sorry, I did not know that you would not understand that we would love to know who the pup is that you posted the pictures of. ;) Nothing required though. Just curiousity. I assume you missed the 'evil' smiley, meaning it was teasing.
I'm sorry Judith. I don't know why I was feel particularly defensive that evening. :oops:
vneerland wrote: I saw a lot of KNPV background. From Asheley's Aaron, to "Roy vd Vastenow" aka Leiru, and Joy. Maybe I should have stated that I did not mean that to imply the work they do, but the KNPV lineage.
The pedigree that I posted for Titan only applies to the top half of it. The bottom is Balen info - who was out of the Willow/Aaron breeding. Balis isn't related to Aaron.
Marjolein wrote: This is a sister of Titan, and daddy Roy apparantly listened to the name "Leiru"
Its amazing how clever they are :mrgreen:
Last edited by Christie M on Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
User avatar
k9katet
Training Dog
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:04 pm
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility.
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Re: Balis

Post by k9katet »

vneerland wrote:"Roy vd Vastenow" aka Leiru
I don't think I knew this - or at least not his registered name. Good to know when looking at pedigrees.
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Balis

Post by vneerland »

Christie M wrote:I'm sorry Judith. I don't know why I was feel particularly defensive that evening. :oops: I think it's because I have been so hard on anyone who called a known mix simply a "Dutch" and have tried to be very politically correct with Balis because of it. LOL. But I do love my little mutt!
:lol: You must have thought I meant something that I could not mean, because I did not know (and would not have cared if I did) There! Are we making sense now? :mrgreen: So she is home grown? 8-) (still trying to piece it together)
The pedigree that I posted for Titan only applies to the top half of it. The bottom is Balen info - who was out of the Willow/Aaron breeding. Balis isn't related to Aaron.
Uhhhhhhhhh. Dang. If you are trying to confuse me, you managed! :? (will sit down and study the pedigree later) ;)
k9katet wrote:"Roy vd Vastenow" aka Leiru
I don't think I knew this - or at least not his registered name. Good to know when looking at pedigrees.
I guess it depends on who you ask if that is the registered name or not. ;) (What if there were two dogs, one who lived in Mexico and had always been called Leiru, and one who had always been called Roy, but who's paperwork was used for a particular breeding in France, when the breeder stated that they were one and the same dog. Roy/Leiru?)
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: Balis

Post by Christie M »

vneerland wrote: :lol: You must have thought I meant something that I could not mean, because I did not know (and would not have cared if I did) There! Are we making sense now? :mrgreen:
Actually, I think it was a simple case of redirected aggression. And a great example of why I shouldn't log on when things are cheery on the homefront :D Ahhh, my poor unsuspecting victims. :twisted:
vneerland wrote: Is she homegrown?
vneerland wrote: Uhhhhhhhhh. Dang. If you are trying to confuse me, you managed! :? (will sit down and study the pedigree later) ;)
CJ is Matt's brother's dog. She is the female out of Joy and Cyro. She was bred to Titan to produce a litter of 3: Balis, Onager and Frank :lol: I am keeping Balis, Onager is going to Tenn Hwy Patrol most likely and Frank is owned by a club member and does PP work, but mostly protects the farm.
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
Post Reply