MyGuyAnubis
-
MarioVernellnAnubis
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:47 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am Mario, Vernell is my wife and Anubis is our awesome Dutchie who came to us from a local rescue here in Fort Wayne, Indiana. I want to be in this forum so I can learn everything there is to know about this wonderful animal. Anubis has already graced our lives and we want to return the favor by ensuring that we know what it takes to give him the happiest and healthiest life possible.
MyGuyAnubis
My name is Mario, my wife is Vernell and Anubis is our AWESOME Dutch who graced our lives. I knew nothing of this breed until now and I've joined this forum to learn everything there is to know about them. I want to know all there is to give this beautiful animal everything he needs to enjoy a healthy and happy life. So don't hold back!! Give me everything you got!. I'm a native son of New Orleans but I'm living in Fort Wayne, Indiana (go figure :/) With that said- GO SAINTS!
mariovernellnanubis
- Schlussdibusti
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1040
- Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS
Re: MyGuyAnubis
Welcome to the forum!
And we love pictures...............
And we love pictures...............
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
Jupiter, Florida
-
MarioVernellnAnubis
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:47 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am Mario, Vernell is my wife and Anubis is our awesome Dutchie who came to us from a local rescue here in Fort Wayne, Indiana. I want to be in this forum so I can learn everything there is to know about this wonderful animal. Anubis has already graced our lives and we want to return the favor by ensuring that we know what it takes to give him the happiest and healthiest life possible.
-
leih merigian
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1960
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.
Re: MyGuyAnubis
Welcome Mario and friends!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
- icvanstra
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1153
- Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:33 am
- Tell us about yourself: .
- Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort
Re: MyGuyAnubis
Anubis comes from what direction? Popular SciFi TV or traditional history or a mythological background...
any way you look at it, naming a Dutch Shepherd Anubis is pretty bold!
any way you look at it, naming a Dutch Shepherd Anubis is pretty bold!
Eric
- - Cino vom Foxtal
- Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
- Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
- icvanstra
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1153
- Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:33 am
- Tell us about yourself: .
- Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort
Re: MyGuyAnubis
p.s. ... welcome to the forum! check the FAQ and please take the time to create a signature for yourself.
E.
E.
Eric
- - Cino vom Foxtal
- Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
- Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
- alspyce
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1222
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year! - Location: Corinth, New York
Re: MyGuyAnubis
Welcome--How old is your guy Anubis?
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Chris Carlton/Lyric
-
MarioVernellnAnubis
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:47 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am Mario, Vernell is my wife and Anubis is our awesome Dutchie who came to us from a local rescue here in Fort Wayne, Indiana. I want to be in this forum so I can learn everything there is to know about this wonderful animal. Anubis has already graced our lives and we want to return the favor by ensuring that we know what it takes to give him the happiest and healthiest life possible.
Re: MyGuyAnubis
I named him after the Egyptian god Anubis, protector of the underworld.icvanstra wrote:Anubis comes from what direction? Popular SciFi TV or traditional history or a mythological background...
any way you look at it, naming a Dutch Shepherd Anubis is pretty bold!
mariovernellnanubis
-
MarioVernellnAnubis
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:47 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am Mario, Vernell is my wife and Anubis is our awesome Dutchie who came to us from a local rescue here in Fort Wayne, Indiana. I want to be in this forum so I can learn everything there is to know about this wonderful animal. Anubis has already graced our lives and we want to return the favor by ensuring that we know what it takes to give him the happiest and healthiest life possible.
Re: MyGuyAnubis
He's a little over 2 yrs.alspyce wrote:Welcome--How old is your guy Anubis?
mariovernellnanubis
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: MyGuyAnubis
[quote="MarioVernellnAnubis"
I named him after the Egyptian god Anubis, protector of the underworld.[/quote]
love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I named him after the Egyptian god Anubis, protector of the underworld.[/quote]
love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT




-
Raven
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1608
- Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:19 am
- Tell us about yourself: .
Re: MyGuyAnubis
Welcome! And if you haven't already, scroll through the threads...there's much in the way of information kickin' around on here.
How did your "protector" come to grace your lives?
How did your "protector" come to grace your lives?
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
-
GSDNanny
- Training Dog
- Posts: 615
- Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:13 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.
Re: MyGuyAnubis
Welcome, Mario, from one true southern Louisianian to another. And from one DS lover to another. You will find some of the most knowledgeable folks concerning DSs here and who are very willing to share.
Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew
Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
- Marjolein
- Working Dog
- Posts: 2078
- Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
- Location: Warbeyen, Germany
- Contact:
- Christie M
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1279
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.
Re: MyGuyAnubis
I apologize that you may be reading this for the millionth time. But there are many situations where the initial rules have been overlooked and this is being posted on every post were either one of these issues have been forgone. Yes, this is a form message cause there are too any places to post this for me to personalize it.
Please visit the User Control Panel and create a signature with your name so that people can identify you with something other than you login. This is a forum rule.
Please also introduce yourself in the Intro section if you have not already done so.
We have very little rules, but if you have not conformed to BOTH of these, please do so before posting on the forum again.
Please visit the User Control Panel and create a signature with your name so that people can identify you with something other than you login. This is a forum rule.
Please also introduce yourself in the Intro section if you have not already done so.
We have very little rules, but if you have not conformed to BOTH of these, please do so before posting on the forum again.
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
- vneerland
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1547
- Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
- Tell us about yourself: *
- Location: Tex@s


Facebook page.

Judith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds 