Greetings from South Florida!

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
User avatar
saraandciara
Puppy
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:52 am
Tell us about yourself: I am a semi-new owner of 4 month old Ciara (pronounced kee-rah), who is a rough and tumble pup. I could use some help adapting to this breed (my boyfriend and I were told that she was an Australian Kelpie mix...boy were we in for a surprise!). Looking forward to meeting you all! :)
Location: Boca Raton, FL

Greetings from South Florida!

Post by saraandciara »

Hello everyone! My name is Sara. My pup, Ciara, is 4 months old. At first, my boyfriend and I were told that she was an Australian Kelpie/Shepherd mix. We weren't so sure, and starting searching around, and sure enough, she looks JUST like a Dutchie! I'm learning about the breed (gorgeous dogs) and am here to talk to other DS owners in terms of behavioral/general tips in how to handle my "little monster!" She has the sweetest disposition, but is also part piranha. Any help will be appreciated! Happy to be here! :D
~Sara
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: Greetings from South Florida!

Post by Sugars Mom »

saraandciara wrote: is also part piranha. Any help will be appreciated!
Ha ha, I remember those days!! It does get better. I just kept stuffing a toy or something I did want her to chew on in her mouth.

Welcome, cute little pup.
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: Greetings from South Florida!

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Welcome!
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Greetings from South Florida!

Post by Marjolein »

Welcome!
And yes, keep stuffing in that toy :dssmile:
Image
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Greetings from South Florida!

Post by Dutchringgirl »

welcome!! ahh yes. I still have a crappy towel that Sadie is allowed to "kill"
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
saraandciara
Puppy
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:52 am
Tell us about yourself: I am a semi-new owner of 4 month old Ciara (pronounced kee-rah), who is a rough and tumble pup. I could use some help adapting to this breed (my boyfriend and I were told that she was an Australian Kelpie mix...boy were we in for a surprise!). Looking forward to meeting you all! :)
Location: Boca Raton, FL

Re: Greetings from South Florida!

Post by saraandciara »

Thank you for all the warm welcomes!
~Sara
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: Greetings from South Florida!

Post by Christie M »

I apologize that you may be reading this for the millionth time. But there are many situations where the initial rules have been overlooked and this is being posted on every post were either one of these issues have been forgone. Yes, this is a form message cause there are too any places to post this for me to personalize it.

Please visit the User Control Panel and create a signature with your name so that people can identify you with something other than you login. This is a forum rule.

Please also introduce yourself in the Intro section if you have not already done so.

We have very little rules, but if you have not conformed to BOTH of these, please do so before posting on the forum again.
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Greetings from South Florida!

Post by vneerland »

Welcome to Sara and Chiara (pretty name!) I have not found if you had posted other pictures yet, but that avatar picture looks like a very cute silhouette. :love:
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
User avatar
saraandciara
Puppy
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:52 am
Tell us about yourself: I am a semi-new owner of 4 month old Ciara (pronounced kee-rah), who is a rough and tumble pup. I could use some help adapting to this breed (my boyfriend and I were told that she was an Australian Kelpie mix...boy were we in for a surprise!). Looking forward to meeting you all! :)
Location: Boca Raton, FL

Re: Greetings from South Florida!

Post by saraandciara »

Hi Judith-I posted pics somewhere on the board...probably under puppies hehe thanks!
~Sara
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: Greetings from South Florida!

Post by alspyce »

HI, glad you found us!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Post Reply