Hello from the Netherlands

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
Inge
Just Whelped
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:31 am
Tell us about yourself: My name is Inge.
I've got two dogs. Marouck van de Vastenow, a Dutch Shepherd and Biène van de Emmelenhoek, a Malinois.
Location: Valkenswaard, the Netherlands
Contact:

Hello from the Netherlands

Post by Inge »

My name is Inge and I live at the Netherlands.
I've got two female dogs.
Marouck, a dutch shepherd. She's 8 years old.
Biène, a Malinois. She's 5 years old.
greetings Inge
User avatar
icvanstra
Working Dog
Posts: 1153
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:33 am
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Re: Hello from the Netherlands

Post by icvanstra »

Inge,

Welcome to the group!

eric
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Hello from the Netherlands

Post by leih merigian »

Welcome, Inge!

Hope to see some pics of your dogs :D .

What do you do with them?
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Hello from the Netherlands

Post by vneerland »

:wave: Hoi Inge!!
Welcome to our brindle family.
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Inge
Just Whelped
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:31 am
Tell us about yourself: My name is Inge.
I've got two dogs. Marouck van de Vastenow, a Dutch Shepherd and Biène van de Emmelenhoek, a Malinois.
Location: Valkenswaard, the Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Hello from the Netherlands

Post by Inge »

leih merigian wrote:Welcome, Inge!

Hope to see some pics of your dogs :D .

What do you do with them?
I did IPO with Marouck, but we stopped a few years ago. She's got IPO1.
With Biène I train KNPV. She's got a certificate of a new program within the KNPV, basiscertificaat zoekhonden (search dog).
Now we train PH1, but more recreative, she's not good enough for the certificate (her biting is not good enough).

Image
greetings Inge
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Hello from the Netherlands

Post by vneerland »

:oops: I don't think I ever really noticed before, but your DS Marouck sure has some good sized ears! :mrgreen:
I love that expression. "Can I get up now?"
:lol:
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Hello from the Netherlands

Post by leih merigian »

It sounds like your dogs get to do lots of fun things with you!

Your mal sure has coloration that reminds me of GSDs. I know they have sable mals (I guess this is one?).

They're both beautiful :D .
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Inge
Just Whelped
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:31 am
Tell us about yourself: My name is Inge.
I've got two dogs. Marouck van de Vastenow, a Dutch Shepherd and Biène van de Emmelenhoek, a Malinois.
Location: Valkenswaard, the Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Hello from the Netherlands

Post by Inge »

leih merigian wrote:It sounds like your dogs get to do lots of fun things with you!

Your mal sure has coloration that reminds me of GSDs. I know they have sable mals (I guess this is one?).

They're both beautiful :D .
Thanks!

Here's a picture of Marouck on a dogmeeting last week.
Image

She found a doll :mrgreen:
Image

And this is Biène, searching
Image

And a picture of the love of my life.....Nika, who I had to put to sleep a year ago
Image
greetings Inge
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Hello from the Netherlands

Post by leih merigian »

GREAT pics...and so sorry about the loss of your little one. That always sucks.
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Hello from the Netherlands

Post by vneerland »

8-) I love Rouck's doll, even though it does not seem to be a water appropriate toy. :twisted:
How long has it been since you lost Nika now? Do I rember that your boxer (Nika) got you into the Dutch Shepherds? (because fo the brindle?)
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Hello from the Netherlands

Post by Marjolein »

Mmmh, I think we've met before... :roll: ah yeah I remember! Last week my dog started chewing on yours :lol: (Ivil and Rouck are NOT friends...)
Image
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Hello from the Netherlands

Post by vneerland »

Marjolein wrote:Mmmh, I think we've met before... :roll: ah yeah I remember! Last week my dog started chewing on yours :lol: (Ivil and Rouck are NOT friends...)
:shock: But that's all in a name....... :oops: Why would anyone call their dog 'evil' and not expect her to misbehave like that. :yernuts: :g_wink:
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Hello from the Netherlands

Post by Marjolein »

vneerland wrote:
Marjolein wrote:Mmmh, I think we've met before... :roll: ah yeah I remember! Last week my dog started chewing on yours :lol: (Ivil and Rouck are NOT friends...)
:shock: But that's all in a name....... :oops: Why would anyone call their dog 'evil' and not expect her to misbehave like that. :yernuts: :g_wink:
actually, she was not named Evil, but Evel, after, yup, Knievel, and yes, she broke her leg :? My next dog will be called always-biting-like-a-tiger-brave-good-looking-guard-dog-of-the-century-that-has-no-hunting-ambitions-or-clumsiness.
Image
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Hello from the Netherlands

Post by vneerland »

:lmao: :biglaff: :jester:
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Inge
Just Whelped
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:31 am
Tell us about yourself: My name is Inge.
I've got two dogs. Marouck van de Vastenow, a Dutch Shepherd and Biène van de Emmelenhoek, a Malinois.
Location: Valkenswaard, the Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Hello from the Netherlands

Post by Inge »

vneerland wrote:8-) I love Rouck's doll, even though it does not seem to be a water appropriate toy. :twisted:
How long has it been since you lost Nika now? Do I rember that your boxer (Nika) got you into the Dutch Shepherds? (because fo the brindle?)
It's been a year now (august 10).
Nika's poor health was the reason to look for a breed that was more healthy. And I wanted a dog with whom I could work (from agility to KNPV). During my search for a breed that would be suited, I fell in love with the Dutch Shepherd. (I don't know if my english is readable LOL)
greetings Inge
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Hello from the Netherlands

Post by vneerland »

Your English is just fine! (and quite a bit better than some of the Dutch not spoken here) :mrgreen:
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Post Reply