Hi from SF Bay

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
devis
Just Whelped
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:37 am
Tell us about yourself: I'm a IT Specialist for a law firm in downtown San Francisco. I got Dex about a year ago. It was a long research deciding in what I wanted. Never owned dogs before. I knew I wanted a shepherd breed and slowly but surely I homed in onto the DS. My colleague's wife runs a small rescue and she came through and now I have Dex. He's an awesome beyond words animal. Calm, relaxed, never a bore, never a chore. Always willing to play, or just lay there with me or on his own. Never overbearing, extremely self sufficient. Always the instigator at the dog park, pawing other dogs, big or small, young or old, getting them moving and active and quite mad at him.There isn't a situation he cannot get out of literally with flying colors, his agility is beyond compare.He will go at high intensity for about an hour, getting other dogs to chase him without a care in the world until they just give up. He is by far the most confident dog I have ever seen.

Hi from SF Bay

Post by devis »

Hi all

New member, DS owner for about a year. Never had dogs before, but now I have Dex and I am so thankful for him. He is an absoultely fantastic animal. It was a long research deciding in what I wanted. Never owned dogs before, just cats and fish. I knew I wanted a shepherd breed and slowly but surely I homed in onto the DS. My colleague's wife runs a small rescue and she knew what I wanted. I had been looking around without much success from other rescues and breeders I called didn't have any, but she came through and now I have Dex. He's an awesome beyond words animal. Calm, relaxed, never a bore, never a chore except for the hair. But that's a small problem. Always willing to play, as he is to just lay there with me or on his own. Never overbearing, extremely self sufficient. At the dog parks few can keep up with him. He will go on and won't stop, the amount of abuse from the other dogs he can tolerate is astounding. Always the instigator, pawing other dogs, big or small, young or old, getting them moving and active and quite mad at him. Yet he escapes without a scratch. There isn't a situation he cannot get out of literally with flying colors, his agility is beyond compare. I've seen other shepherds tire easily, not my Dex. He will go at high intensity for about an hour, getting other dogs to chase him without a care in the world. He is by far the most confident dog I have ever seen. Granted I haven't seen a whole lot, but the dog park experience is quite an eye opener and I am joyful beyond words for the dog I have.

I dont have a picture yet but I'll put up one soon.
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 am
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.
Contact:

Re: Hi from SF Bay

Post by CaroleBoaz »

Welcome!

I love how athletic they are, too.
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: Hi from SF Bay

Post by Sugars Mom »

devis wrote:Hi all
Always the instigator, pawing other dogs, big or small, young or old, getting them moving and active and quite mad at him. Yet he escapes without a scratch. There isn't a situation he cannot get out of literally with flying colors, his agility is beyond compare. I've seen other shepherds tire easily, not my Dex. He will go at high intensity for about an hour, getting other dogs to chase him without a care in the world.
So this is a DS trait! My DS mix does the same thing.

Welcome to the forum!
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: Hi from SF Bay

Post by Schlussdibusti »

welcome to the forum :wave:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Hi from SF Bay

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Welcome !!! Cant wait to see pics of Dex
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
Jan
Training Dog
Posts: 405
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:58 pm
Tell us about yourself: I like Dutch Shepherddogs, especially the roughcoat. At the moment we have three dogs, two DS (one female who is 10 years and one male who is six months) and one male Laekenois at the age of three. We live in the north of The Netherlands.
Location: Zoutkamp, NL

Re: Hi from SF Bay

Post by Jan »

Welcome.
Image
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:13 pm
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Re: Hi from SF Bay

Post by GSDNanny »

Welcome!!!

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Hi from SF Bay

Post by leih merigian »

Glad you found us! Sounds like your Dex is a real winner.

So, is your name Devis?
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Hi from SF Bay

Post by Marjolein »

Welcome!
Image
User avatar
kchristy
Training Dog
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
Location: McCurtain, Ok

Re: Hi from SF Bay

Post by kchristy »

Welcome!
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
Post Reply