New Member to here.
-
mike
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:22 am
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Mike and I have a female Belgian Malinois and a male German Shepherd. I've lived in S. Florida for almost my entire life.
New Member to here.
Hello All,
I am the proud owner of a Malinois and a German Shepherd, down here in S. Florida.
I am the proud owner of a Malinois and a German Shepherd, down here in S. Florida.
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
- vneerland
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1547
- Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
- Tell us about yourself: *
- Location: Tex@s
Re: New Member to here.
Welcome Mike. Any plans to add a brindle to your private herding group? 
Judith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds 
- kchristy
- Training Dog
- Posts: 539
- Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
- Location: McCurtain, Ok
- Marjolein
- Working Dog
- Posts: 2078
- Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
- Location: Warbeyen, Germany
- Contact:
-
Sugars Mom
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1734
- Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.
Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!
I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences. - Location: Victoria BC
- Jan
- Training Dog
- Posts: 405
- Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:58 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I like Dutch Shepherddogs, especially the roughcoat. At the moment we have three dogs, two DS (one female who is 10 years and one male who is six months) and one male Laekenois at the age of three. We live in the north of The Netherlands.
- Location: Zoutkamp, NL
- Schlussdibusti
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1040
- Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS
-
mike
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:22 am
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Mike and I have a female Belgian Malinois and a male German Shepherd. I've lived in S. Florida for almost my entire life.
Re: New Member to here.
I am sorry for the slow response. I am planning on adding a Dutch Shepherd to the family.vneerland wrote:Welcome Mike. Any plans to add a brindle to your private herding group?
When I signed up on the forum(November 2011) my mind was in distress over some very bad news about my German Shepherds(Ozzy) health. He was diagnosed with an untreatable cancer and he died a few weeks ago at the age of 7.
I wasn't sure that I wanted to get another dog until recently. Our Malinois is acting like she got older since Ozzy is gone and she is only 7. He was clearly the instigator of a lot of the fun things that went on in our house and he was a true companion in every sense of the word, for us and our little girl Malinois.

- Schlussdibusti
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1040
- Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS
Re: New Member to here.
Sorry to hear about your loss. Way too early to go.......
This darn cancer, I lost a Lab to bone cancer in June 2010. But he was over 12. I thought, I would loose his lifelong buddy (also Lab about same age) but then I rescued a DS and he perked up quite a bit.
In our case, the 'new addition' was the best theraphy, for both of us.
This darn cancer, I lost a Lab to bone cancer in June 2010. But he was over 12. I thought, I would loose his lifelong buddy (also Lab about same age) but then I rescued a DS and he perked up quite a bit.
In our case, the 'new addition' was the best theraphy, for both of us.
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
Jupiter, Florida
- kchristy
- Training Dog
- Posts: 539
- Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
- Location: McCurtain, Ok
-
CaroleBoaz
- Training Dog
- Posts: 592
- Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 am
- Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.
- Contact:
Re: New Member to here.
Sorry to hear about Ozzy. I also lost a dog to cancer at a young age, but it's never easy. 
-
leih merigian
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1960
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.
Re: New Member to here.
So very sorry for your loss.
I know the timing of getting a pup after such a loss is a very individual thing, but for me, after the loss of my own GSD, the hole in my heart didn't even begin to heal until I got my DS pup, 18 long months later.
Whatever timing works for you, we'll be here and happy to learn all about the newest member of your family
I know the timing of getting a pup after such a loss is a very individual thing, but for me, after the loss of my own GSD, the hole in my heart didn't even begin to heal until I got my DS pup, 18 long months later.
Whatever timing works for you, we'll be here and happy to learn all about the newest member of your family
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
- felixone123
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
- Location: Fishkill, NY
Re: New Member to here.
Sorry to hear about Ozzy. The pic of him is just gorgeous. Hope you heal soon.
Barbara, Odin & Kai
-
Sugars Mom
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1734
- Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.
Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!
I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences. - Location: Victoria BC
- Jan
- Training Dog
- Posts: 405
- Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:58 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I like Dutch Shepherddogs, especially the roughcoat. At the moment we have three dogs, two DS (one female who is 10 years and one male who is six months) and one male Laekenois at the age of three. We live in the north of The Netherlands.
- Location: Zoutkamp, NL
Re: New Member to here.
Very sad to read this story, it's hard to loose your dog like this. Nice photo from your dog.
-
mike
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:22 am
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Mike and I have a female Belgian Malinois and a male German Shepherd. I've lived in S. Florida for almost my entire life.
Re: New Member to here.
Here our newest member to our family. We rescued him back in June.


-
leih merigian
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1960
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.
Re: New Member to here.
congrats on your new GSD!
So, no DS, eh?
So, no DS, eh?
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
- vneerland
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1547
- Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
- Tell us about yourself: *
- Location: Tex@s
Re: New Member to here.
LOL. All of a sudden thinking about the large number of people (not into dogs) who think a Dutch Shepherd is a GSD that came from Holland.
I doubt Mike is one of them, but this crossed my mind, Leih, when you said "no DS".
Judith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds 
-
leih merigian
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1960
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.
Re: New Member to here.
vneerland wrote:LOL. All of a sudden thinking about the large number of people (not into dogs) who think a Dutch Shepherd is a GSD that came from Holland.![]()
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...


Facebook page.



