New to the breed!

For our new members to introduce themselves
User avatar
Geremy
Puppy
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:10 am
Tell us about yourself: greets from germany!
my name ist stephanie and we have 2 dutchies.
boyd´s bullriding geremy - he is now 5 years and trained in mondioring, SAR and K9
and there is his halfbrother boyd´s bullriding I.Q. he is trained in KNPV and mondioring.
Location: Bavaria/Germany/Europe
Contact:

Re: New to the breed!

Post by Geremy »

For myself, it just confirms what I have been saying for the past 20 years or so. Pure bred? Is an illusion (in our breed at least
sometimes it´s easier to live in an illusion than the real world... :priest:

they mean, they chancelling all not pure dogs (register papers) from the breed, and than the breeding is going well (and correct). oh yes - we have a lot of bloodlines in europe how a realy pure (and good for working) 8-)

**edit**
ok the NHC/HSCD want to breed "pure FCI duchties" - ok...
but why you use brassai for your litter ??? he is a realy good dog and i like him very much and his pupps are good.... but he is not a "pure FCI"-dutchie...
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: New to the breed!

Post by vneerland »

Geremy wrote:
For myself, it just confirms what I have been saying for the past 20 years or so. Pure bred? Is an illusion (in our breed at least
sometimes it´s easier to live in an illusion than the real world... :priest:
People and registries may make it easier on you, yes. There are breeders who loudly claim "Pure bred" ("with no malinois in the bloodline") and what they have is exactly the same as the ones they are trying to blast (with their claims of alleged superiority) :yernuts:
**edit**
ok the NHC/HSCD want to breed "pure FCI duchties" - ok...
but why you use brassai for your litter ??? he is a realy good dog and i like him very much and his pupps are good.... but he is not a "pure FCI"-dutchie...
I don't believe that Marjolein believes in the "pure bred' theory. Since she is the one who used Brassai, I assume you are referring to her. My understanding is, that she is trying to create an FCI hollander with more workability and that that is why she chose Brassai. Brassai does not have false papers. His lineage is true and correct and that, I believe, is one of the reasons why she opted for him. His pups will have full FCI papers as 'pure bred'. Like I said above: a lot of the pure bred claims are illusions. Brassai is as much or more pure than some other DS's who have a full set of papers, but who are not who they claim they are.
It's all a matter of definition (of pure) don't you think? :player:
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
User avatar
Geremy
Puppy
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:10 am
Tell us about yourself: greets from germany!
my name ist stephanie and we have 2 dutchies.
boyd´s bullriding geremy - he is now 5 years and trained in mondioring, SAR and K9
and there is his halfbrother boyd´s bullriding I.Q. he is trained in KNPV and mondioring.
Location: Bavaria/Germany/Europe
Contact:

Re: New to the breed!

Post by Geremy »

i´m sure that brassai more "pure" than a lot of other dutchies ;-)

and i saw torrent, unsolite and tyo and they did a great/good work and i found that are cool dogs.

i´m sorry marjorlein! i don´t know that you wnt to breed more working dutchies!
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: New to the breed!

Post by Marjolein »

Geremy wrote:i´m sure that brassai more "pure" than a lot of other dutchies ;-)

and i saw torrent, unsolite and tyo and they did a great/good work and i found that are cool dogs.

i´m sorry marjorlein! i don´t know that you wnt to breed more working dutchies!
Judith explained it very well, and: just being a member does not make ME "the NHC" or 'HSCD", but being a member, you can have a say in things ;) I certainly do not agree with every decision they make, but I'm not alone to decide, but just making things heard can be an eye opener to some people :shock: :lol:

I believe in honesty ;) and closing all registers was not the best idea ever was it? :roll:

I have always felt a DS should be able to work, and I was very lucky to get Dingo, I have always worked with him, and I am sure that if I had been a better handler at that time, he would have done well in sport. He has shown me he has that "extra" bit of power if needed. But I also see dogs that do not have that anymore, I think that is a shame. I wanted to use workingblood, but out of principle only in the honest way, for everyone to see ;) Brassaï is a VERY nice example of work and social beahviour all in one, love that dog!
Image
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: New to the breed!

Post by vneerland »

Geremy wrote:and i saw torrent, unsolite and tyo and they did a great/good work and i found that are cool dogs.
i´m sorry marjorlein! i don´t know that you wnt to breed more working dutchies!
Glad you liked some of Nico's offspring. I think that nobody has to like a certain dog, a certain type or a certain bloodline. To me, though, it is the beauty of a breed community, that many of us get to make our own choices. It brings diversity. Marjolein would not want any of my high octane dogs, I suspect. For her, it might be too much (personality) :mrgreen: and not enough. (good looks) Her goals are not mine or yours or the next breeders, but neither are my or possibly your goals hers. If in the mix of dreams, plans and goals, good dogs keep emerging, then we'd all be better of! 8-)
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
User avatar
Geremy
Puppy
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:10 am
Tell us about yourself: greets from germany!
my name ist stephanie and we have 2 dutchies.
boyd´s bullriding geremy - he is now 5 years and trained in mondioring, SAR and K9
and there is his halfbrother boyd´s bullriding I.Q. he is trained in KNPV and mondioring.
Location: Bavaria/Germany/Europe
Contact:

Re: New to the breed!

Post by Geremy »

@marjorlein: to which people? 8-)

you know we have big problems about and with the HSCD and littel bit with NHC. i have norproblems with DNA profils and brindle-test. but i have problem when we should use only show dogs and the mind of "a DS is not a working dog - it´s just a family dog who is able to do some sport". the most results is to have realy good notes at the dog shows and thats it.

so yes, there is a standard in the FCI and it´s ok, but germany lost a lot og realy good dogs, becaude they are looking not good enough.

since a couple of years, we have more and more FCI DS how has epilepsy. i told that the HSCD that they should be careful. then I got an email with the threat of legal action. but i do nothing wrong! i had contact to owner of FCI dogs (brothers are used very often in geremy for litter and 2 of them have some litters next year) and they told me that there dogs have epilespy. do you know the inheritance ?
now the NHC and HSCD would to close the books, and all infos getting lost. is that the correct way?

we use other dogs for "our" breeding, because the most of our dogs are strong working dogs and lot of them police and military working dogs. we look that they dogs are in the standard, but in first case we want new and healthy blood. without register or KNPV dogs its not possible! our dogs save the life from theire handlers and copmanies. so we can´t use dogs how are unhealthy or have not enough working-drive.

but the people how come to "us" and buy our dogs are looking for such dogs. and other people how want to have a looking good friend for shows, they will go to another breeder. and thats ok.

so my question is, why it´s not allowed to do such breeding in germany?

i´m everytime careful when i "meet" someone from the HSCD ;) (hope you can understand this)
Post Reply