Re: New Member
Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:51 pm
Thank you LyonsFamily and Dutchringgirl. I spoke with the Bark Busters trainer last night. She deals a lot with rescues (where I met her) and last night we talked about Ronin and I explained to her that I know he's had training and my worry is that I don't want to let that lapse. My thought being that I want to give him enough time to get used to me and his new surroundings, but not enough time that he begins to lose focus on training. If that makes sense? She gave me some suggestions and told me to continue to sit with him and let him get to know me as the "leader". I'm going to touch base with her again next week and she said she'd be happy to come work with us at home. Mainly on our interactions.
I was a bit worried about what you had said LyonsFamily, but after looking at reviews and speaking with her I am a lot more comfortable. She knew everything I was talking about and is not pressuring me to have a lesson with her. She simply wants the best for Ronin!
I've been sitting and laying around with him a lot and he has begun to open up. He loves to be petted and after a while will go get his toy we use to play tug-of-war (he's a strong guy). He will come close when called to other rooms in the house, but shys away from entering (hides behind door frames) until I crouch down and call him over again. After he comes he loves the verbal praise and more petting. We're making progress! It's great to see him feeling more at home!
Thanks again and keep the tips/advice coming please!
I was a bit worried about what you had said LyonsFamily, but after looking at reviews and speaking with her I am a lot more comfortable. She knew everything I was talking about and is not pressuring me to have a lesson with her. She simply wants the best for Ronin!
I've been sitting and laying around with him a lot and he has begun to open up. He loves to be petted and after a while will go get his toy we use to play tug-of-war (he's a strong guy). He will come close when called to other rooms in the house, but shys away from entering (hides behind door frames) until I crouch down and call him over again. After he comes he loves the verbal praise and more petting. We're making progress! It's great to see him feeling more at home!
Thanks again and keep the tips/advice coming please!