Page 2 of 2
Re: Dolly's Dad
Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:31 am
by Dutchringgirl
RosieCoppolo wrote:aw good!! Yeah only plan on having her as my own little naughty girl (soon to be my big naughty girl)

Cute!
Re: Dolly's Dad
Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:11 am
by vneerland
I meant nothing else with the paper question, than that you would have had/gotten the parents names.

Re: Dolly's Dad
Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:51 am
by RosieCoppolo
Oh right, like i said im veryyyyy new to this pure breed stuff lol All my other dogs have been the little mutts from the shelter that no one else wants

Re: Dolly's Dad
Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:01 pm
by Kristie E
Raven wrote:Regarding registration papers: I happened across a "DS breeder" out west (Utah?) on the web. Their first disclaimer was that because they are not a recognized breed, no papers can be provided. That doesn't make any sense to me, but my knowledge of breeding/breeders isn't up to snuff. To me, it sounded like someone who is willing to take the money for a "breed" but won't/can't back it up and so provides a disclaimer that sounds reasonable...but that's just me and my lack of knowledge speaking.
Don't feel bad, I never thought about papers until someone asked me about a week ago... I was like Papers???? ugh I got a bunch of stuff when I got Gwen (and a teeny tiny passport looking book too) but the thing I'll always remember is getting her off the packing crate she came on and letting the wriggling tiny thing out of her crate.... It is one of the images that gets burned into your mind. I remember thinking where is the rest of my dog???? ( I was thinking about our Dane who was twice her size at six months) So cute and bouncy and wiggly!!!!

Re: Dolly's Dad
Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:52 pm
by Raven
For the last 20 years, I only adopt/take in species who are tough, if not impossible, to adopt out. (One animal, not even the fosters could wait to unload...and he'd had plenty of fosters in his young life.)
My first two dogs in my adult life, when I was 18 and 20, were AKC registered. After I got them, I put the papers someplace and that was it...never to be seen again. Wasn't going to breed or sell them. They were the only and last dogs or animals that were purchased, adoption fees aside.
For some people, though, this is important stuff, especially for working dogs.
I love working with animals whose lives need to get turned around. A lot of unexpected triggers along the way as you don't know their past, or at least all the details, but the bond and trust that the work eventually forges can't be compared.
