Page 2 of 2
Re: Greetings from Poland :)
Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:14 pm
by Sugars Mom
Great frisbee routine....please share how you taught the backing up between the legs. It is sooo cool!
Re: Greetings from Poland :)
Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:33 am
by Rauni
I'm not sure if I'm able to explain it in English, but I'll try

.
First you need to teach your dog to back up as such. This is relatively simple trick, if you're using the clicker you may but the dog between two things (like a sofa and table for instance or a wall and something else) and just wait until the dog offers the behaviour (because the dog is standing between something and cannot move much sideways, sooner of later he/she would move hind feet backwards) and then shape it to get more and more steps.
It's also useful to teach the dog to circle with hind legs around an object while keeping front feet on it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMETBuXkLn4
When you have this trick you can use it to teach the to get into heel position on your left and your right, like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97a2JT_6 ... page#t=30s
And then you sort of combine the two.
Ask the dog to heel, put your other feet back, so that when the dog backs up he would have to go under your legs and tell the dog to back up. At first you need to stand in a bit uncomfortable position to make it easier for the dog to get under your legs and then you gradually move your other feet forward so that the dog needs to turn its butt to get under your legs.
Here is my cocker showing some intermediate step of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxZ3VT-J ... page#t=28s
I also found a video of some other girl teaching it in a slightly different way:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cz773pG ... re=related
Have fun training!

Re: Greetings from Poland :)
Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:40 pm
by kchristy
Love the pics and videos! Beautiful pups

Re: Greetings from Poland :)
Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:29 pm
by Choochi
I like those
The only thing I would be careful about with the first one is that you could easily end up teaching the dog a forged heeling position since the front of the dog is always in front of your legs during these exercises. But this would be awesome for teaching pivots into a proper heel.
Re: Greetings from Poland :)
Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:46 pm
by Jan
Welcome, nice dogs you have there. Are they getting along well?
Re: Greetings from Poland :)
Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:21 pm
by Kamcia
Rauni wrote:
Hi Kamila, of course I remember you

Do you know there is a litter of DS planned in Poland for spring 2012

and another one after Eri's sister in Czech Republic

.
Yep, I know about Polish litter, I'm in touch with Beata via e-mail because I made her a
webpage for Itske 
But it's too early for me to get a pupp unfortunately

Hopefully I'll move on my own flat in the next year, but even then, I don't think bringing a high drive puppy into home with 14 year old dog would be good (for him), especially when I'm planning a male, and my current dog is a male as well
Love all those videos!
Re: Greetings from Poland :)
Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:57 pm
by Marjolein
Kamcia wrote: I don't think bringing a high drive puppy into home with 14 year old dog would be good (for him), especially when I'm planning a male, and my current dog is a male as well
They will not be high drive, medium drive at the most
But maybe it's better to wait untill you are ready for a pup

Re: Greetings from Poland :)
Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm
by vneerland
I think you might need to elaborate on your remark Marjolein?
She (Marjolein) has a 's Gravenschans dog (Dingo) and what Marjolein probably means is that this very good looking pure FCI line is less off the wall than many of the KNPV line dogs (that many American owners have)
In this case, though, I am assuming that the future pup will be Itske's. Because I assure you that I cannot read a word of Polish.

Re: Greetings from Poland :)
Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:42 pm
by Marjolein
vneerland wrote:I think you might need to elaborate on your remark Marjolein?
In this case, though, I am assuming that the future pup will be Itske's.
try the website again and read the future daddy's name, I happen to know him pretty well

Re: Greetings from Poland :)
Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:06 pm
by k9katet
Welcome! I think I followed your blog years ago when you first got Eri.
Re: Greetings from Poland :)
Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:23 am
by Kamcia
Marjolein wrote:
They will not be high drive, medium drive at the most
But maybe it's better to wait untill you are ready for a pup

Depends of what is "hight drive" for you and what for me

My current dog is a small/medium mixie, pretty old now, so a puppy of pastoral/working breed will be much more active than he is/was for sure even if it wont be from working lines

So yeah, I need to be ready for that kind of dog

Re: Greetings from Poland :)
Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:03 pm
by Marjolein
Kamcia wrote:
Depends of what is "hight drive" for you and what for me

My current dog is a small/medium mixie, pretty old now, so a puppy of pastoral/working breed will be much more active than he is/was for sure even if it wont be from working lines

So yeah, I need to be ready for that kind of dog

That is true, and any dog deserves an owner who is as ready for it as possible

Re: Greetings from Poland :)
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:58 am
by vneerland
Marjolein wrote:try the website again and read the future daddy's name, I happen to know him pretty well


I finally figured out what you have been trying to tell us.
It looks like YOUR Dingo will the the sire of these pups.
http://www.itske.com/index.php?co=szczenieta
Ah-hah, then yes, I assume that you may know what to expect out of this breeding.

Re: Greetings from Poland :)
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:19 am
by icvanstra
Great photo's.
I see a future winner of many monthly contests!
Re: Greetings from Poland :)
Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:11 am
by kchristy
Pretty pups

Re: Greetings from Poland :)
Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:35 pm
by axisscar
hallo, I wanted DS (HHK) Abbye Hannah aus Mährischen Bergen. Help me, please.
Thenks, Alena kennel "aus Mährischen Bergen"
Re: Greetings from Poland :)
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:03 am
by vneerland
Axisscar. Would you mind posting your intro to your own 'new subject' under this new member announcements section?