Hi from Denmark
Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:03 pm
Hallo all
I am new to this forum, and am not sure if I own a DS or not.
You see, in april 2011 I went out to look at a puppy that was listed as a German Shepherd and thought he was a great little puppy, so I went ahead an bought him. He was diffrent caus his color was grey and his eyes blue. He wasn't expencive cause there was no pedegrie (sorry cant spell that) on him or his siblings, but they all looked like your standard GSD. The mother of these pups was a brown GSD with brown eyes and all, and that got me wonderig if she maybe wassnt a GSD after all.
Well time passed and Silver as we called him grew bigger, today he is almost 11 months old and not looking like a GSD, but more like a DS. He is short in body and tall for a GSD and maybe a bit to the heavy side, seeing as he weighs 41 kg already and is still growing.
Now I googled grey GSD and up came a lovely picture of a grey/blue DS with a white marking on the chest just looking so much like our Silver that I was stunned.
The reason why I have signed up in here is that I hope to get your assesment on my dog, and if he is a DS maybe that could explain some of his looks and behavior.
What do you think? I have attatched some photos of him
I am new to this forum, and am not sure if I own a DS or not.
You see, in april 2011 I went out to look at a puppy that was listed as a German Shepherd and thought he was a great little puppy, so I went ahead an bought him. He was diffrent caus his color was grey and his eyes blue. He wasn't expencive cause there was no pedegrie (sorry cant spell that) on him or his siblings, but they all looked like your standard GSD. The mother of these pups was a brown GSD with brown eyes and all, and that got me wonderig if she maybe wassnt a GSD after all.
Well time passed and Silver as we called him grew bigger, today he is almost 11 months old and not looking like a GSD, but more like a DS. He is short in body and tall for a GSD and maybe a bit to the heavy side, seeing as he weighs 41 kg already and is still growing.
Now I googled grey GSD and up came a lovely picture of a grey/blue DS with a white marking on the chest just looking so much like our Silver that I was stunned.
The reason why I have signed up in here is that I hope to get your assesment on my dog, and if he is a DS maybe that could explain some of his looks and behavior.
What do you think? I have attatched some photos of him