Page 1 of 1
Hello from the Netherlands
Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:47 am
by Inge
My name is Inge and I live at the Netherlands.
I've got two female dogs.
Marouck, a dutch shepherd. She's 8 years old.
Biène, a Malinois. She's 5 years old.
Re: Hello from the Netherlands
Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:29 pm
by icvanstra
Inge,
Welcome to the group!
eric
Re: Hello from the Netherlands
Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:22 pm
by leih merigian
Welcome, Inge!
Hope to see some pics of your dogs

.
What do you do with them?
Re: Hello from the Netherlands
Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:42 pm
by vneerland

Hoi Inge!!
Welcome to our brindle family.
Re: Hello from the Netherlands
Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:54 pm
by Inge
leih merigian wrote:Welcome, Inge!
Hope to see some pics of your dogs

.
What do you do with them?
I did IPO with Marouck, but we stopped a few years ago. She's got IPO1.
With Biène I train KNPV. She's got a certificate of a new program within the KNPV, basiscertificaat zoekhonden (search dog).
Now we train PH1, but more recreative, she's not good enough for the certificate (her biting is not good enough).

Re: Hello from the Netherlands
Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:10 am
by vneerland

I don't think I ever really noticed before, but your DS Marouck sure has some good sized ears!

I love that expression. "Can I get up now?"

Re: Hello from the Netherlands
Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:38 pm
by leih merigian
It sounds like your dogs get to do lots of fun things with you!
Your mal sure has coloration that reminds me of GSDs. I know they have sable mals (I guess this is one?).
They're both beautiful

.
Re: Hello from the Netherlands
Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:06 pm
by Inge
leih merigian wrote:It sounds like your dogs get to do lots of fun things with you!
Your mal sure has coloration that reminds me of GSDs. I know they have sable mals (I guess this is one?).
They're both beautiful

.
Thanks!
Here's a picture of Marouck on a dogmeeting last week.
She found a doll
And this is Biène, searching
And a picture of the love of my life.....Nika, who I had to put to sleep a year ago

Re: Hello from the Netherlands
Posted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:59 am
by leih merigian
GREAT pics...and so sorry about the loss of your little one. That always sucks.
Re: Hello from the Netherlands
Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:34 am
by vneerland

I love Rouck's doll, even though it does not seem to be a water appropriate toy.
How long has it been since you lost Nika now? Do I rember that your boxer (Nika) got you into the Dutch Shepherds? (because fo the brindle?)
Re: Hello from the Netherlands
Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:38 pm
by Marjolein
Mmmh, I think we've met before...

ah yeah I remember! Last week my dog started chewing on yours

(Ivil and Rouck are NOT friends...)
Re: Hello from the Netherlands
Posted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:53 pm
by vneerland
Marjolein wrote:Mmmh, I think we've met before...

ah yeah I remember! Last week my dog started chewing on yours

(Ivil and Rouck are NOT friends...)

But that's all in a name.......

Why would anyone call their dog 'evil' and not expect her to misbehave like that.

Re: Hello from the Netherlands
Posted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:53 pm
by Marjolein
vneerland wrote:Marjolein wrote:Mmmh, I think we've met before...

ah yeah I remember! Last week my dog started chewing on yours

(Ivil and Rouck are NOT friends...)

But that's all in a name.......

Why would anyone call their dog 'evil' and not expect her to misbehave like that.

actually, she was not named Evil, but Evel, after, yup, Knievel, and yes, she broke her leg

My next dog will be called always-biting-like-a-tiger-brave-good-looking-guard-dog-of-the-century-that-has-no-hunting-ambitions-or-clumsiness.
Re: Hello from the Netherlands
Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:51 am
by vneerland
Re: Hello from the Netherlands
Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:52 pm
by Inge
vneerland wrote:
I love Rouck's doll, even though it does not seem to be a water appropriate toy.
How long has it been since you lost Nika now? Do I rember that your boxer (Nika) got you into the Dutch Shepherds? (because fo the brindle?)
It's been a year now (august 10).
Nika's poor health was the reason to look for a breed that was more healthy. And I wanted a dog with whom I could work (from agility to KNPV). During my search for a breed that would be suited, I fell in love with the Dutch Shepherd. (I don't know if my english is readable LOL)
Re: Hello from the Netherlands
Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:34 am
by vneerland
Your English is just fine! (and quite a bit better than some of the Dutch
not spoken here)
