Page 1 of 1

Hi from Chicago!

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:22 pm
by FlipFlop
Hi All!

Just wanted to stop by and introduce ourselves. I'm Kirsten and I have a DS named Flip that I adopted about 3 months ago- he is about 2 years old. We live in the Northwest subarbs of Chicago. We took a beginners agility class, are about to start an obedience class, and hopefully in the future will get to try another sport- maybe flyball or herding!

Flip has been a great addition to my life and is settling in quite well. Of couse we've had our challenges but it's been a fun adventure so far! I get tons of compliments about what a beautiful dog he is- although no one I have talked to has ever heard of a DS before ("He's a German Shepherd mixed with a what???" Lol). He is a very friendly and social boy- loves meeting new people and other dogs. Looking forward to getting to know all of you! Thank you to Carole for letting me know about this forum!
Flip at Agility Class
Flip at Agility Class
FLIP1B.jpg (16.92 KiB) Viewed 1973 times
Flip as Batman for Halloween
Flip as Batman for Halloween
FlipHalloweenB.jpg (5.14 KiB) Viewed 1973 times
Flip on a walk
Flip on a walk
FlipSmall.jpg (5.23 KiB) Viewed 1973 times

Re: Hi from Chicago!

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:25 pm
by CaroleBoaz
Welcome! Glad you came.

I grew up in the NW suburbs of Chicago. ;) Can't say I miss all the snow. (Went to John Hersey High School in Arlington, Heights.)

Re: Hi from Chicago!

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:35 pm
by alspyce
Welcome!

Re: Hi from Chicago!

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:31 pm
by Dutchringgirl
Welcome!

I love the name Flip !

Re: Hi from Chicago!

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:28 pm
by kchristy
Welcome :)

Re: Hi from Chicago!

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:51 am
by leih merigian
Glad you found us! Sounds like Flip found a great owner!

I lived in Chicago for 13 years and miss it a lot...especially The Lake. You're lucky, in that there is a ton of dog sports in the greater Chicago area. Sounds like you're taking good advantage of it all :mrgreen: .

Re: Hi from Chicago!

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:36 am
by felixone123
Welcome!!

Re: Hi from Chicago!

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:33 am
by Schlussdibusti
Welcome! :wave:

Re: Hi from Chicago!

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:26 pm
by Lauren
What a handsome boy! Welcome!

Re: Hi from Chicago!

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:33 pm
by vneerland
Welcome windy city.

Re: Hi from Chicago!

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:40 pm
by GSDNanny
Welcome to you and Flip!! Friendly informative DS folks on here so ENJOY!!

Re: Hi from Chicago!

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:02 pm
by Marjolein
Welcome :D