Page 1 of 1

Hi from Northern Illinois

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:53 am
by Skout0701
We are the parents of Skout, our 2 1/2 year old Dutch Shepherd. We recently just moved here from sunny South Florida. Our dog keeps us busy and moving. We have never exercised so much in our lives since he came to my husbands and my life. I'm glad to be a part of a community that understands the special Dutch Shepherds. I look forward to knowing everyone and hearing of their own Dutch Shepherds.

Re: Hi from Northern Illinois

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:31 pm
by Lauren
Welcome! They do keep you moving, don't they?

Re: Hi from Northern Illinois

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:19 pm
by Dutchringgirl
Welcome !!

Yes the are very *special*

Re: Hi from Northern Illinois

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:42 pm
by alspyce
Welcome!

Re: Hi from Northern Illinois

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:09 pm
by FlipFlop
Welcome! What area are you in? I'm located pretty close to Elgin and Algonquin!

Re: Hi from Northern Illinois

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:56 pm
by CaroleBoaz
Welcome!

Re: Hi from Northern Illinois

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:22 pm
by felixone123
howdy :wave:

Re: Hi from Northern Illinois

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:13 pm
by CaroleBoaz
FlipFlop wrote:Welcome! What area are you in? I'm located pretty close to Elgin and Algonquin!
Haha, when I lived in "Chicagoland", those were NOT suburbs! LOL! When I was child around 1967 my family lived near Wauconda. We called that "The Boonies". Elgin was farm country. Algonquin was a dot on the map. That's where my father and mother live now. (LITH)

Re: Hi from Northern Illinois

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:13 pm
by Skout0701
We are located in Antioch Il.

Re: Hi from Northern Illinois

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:33 am
by leih merigian
Hi there and welcome!

So, what's your name? (Create a signature in the user control panel, top left...you won't have to type it out again :mrgreen: )

Glad you joined us

Re: Hi from Northern Illinois

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:58 am
by Schlussdibusti
welcome!

Re: Hi from Northern Illinois

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:08 pm
by FlipFlop
Haha, when I lived in "Chicagoland", those were NOT suburbs! LOL! When I was child around 1967 my family lived near Wauconda. We called that "The Boonies". Elgin was farm country. Algonquin was a dot on the map. That's where my father and mother live now. (LITH)
Yep, it's amazing how things have built up out here! This area is nice though- still some farm fields to feel like you're in the country but just minutes from any store/restaurant you could imagine!

Antioch is a nice area as well! Love the little downtown area there!

Re: Hi from Northern Illinois

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:11 pm
by GSDNanny
Welcome aboard, Flipflop!!

Re: Hi from Northern Illinois

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:35 pm
by Marjolein
welcome :)

Re: Hi from Northern Illinois

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:23 pm
by Christie M
Welcome to the forum. I visit the Chicago area at least 2 times a year to teach at Camp Dogwood (www.campdogwood.com) and would LOVE to see some more brindles up that way! I've also had a few clients up that way when I'm in the area. If you are looking for training outlets or a great activity to do with your Dutch, check out Ashlee Trotter of Creative Paws. She is an AWESOME agility instructor, and I think she is doing some rally as well. She is located in Des Plaines, but her classes are out of Winecka (sp?) which is closer to you!

Good luck and welcome to the forum!

Re: Hi from Northern Illinois

Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:52 am
by Skout0701
Thanks everyone,
I'll look into creative paws, Skout's always been in some kind of training 'cause he's got some dog issues but he's sidelined from playing ball in the park right now, he broke a toe! :cry:
hopefully in 2 weeks he'll be back to his old self again.

Angie and Patrick

Re: Hi from Northern Illinois

Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:42 pm
by kchristy
poor puppy, hope he is better soon :dssmile:

Re: Hi from Northern Illinois

Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:23 am
by Marjolein
ouch! good luck with the toe...and keeping him quiet :? :lol: