Page 1 of 2

Spring

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:52 pm
by alspyce
I don't know what the groundhog is doing today, but in the Adirondacks of NY it's spring! :stickman: :stickman:

First Robin in the yard.
DSCN0009.JPG
DSCN0009.JPG (100.65 KiB) Viewed 4200 times
Soon I can get back outside with Lyric & Bianca!!

Re: Spring

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:13 pm
by CaroleBoaz
I know, it's crazy! I hear the birds singing in the morning.

Re: Spring

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:49 pm
by vneerland
Oh yeah! Groundhog day, that's right. I love the robin picture. 8-)
I have been after my husband to MOW the yard. No kidding. The daffodils started blooming on 1-31 :roll: and the trees are budding big time. No matter what the groundhog says, this was not much of a winter, I dread the upcoming summer for that reason. 20 degrees above normal right now? Please, don't keep that up. It would make it 100+20 this summer. :eek:

Re: Spring

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:37 pm
by felixone123
alspyce wrote:I don't know what the groundhog is doing today, but in the Adirondacks of NY it's spring! :stickman: :stickman:

First Robin in the yard.
DSCN0009.JPG
Soon I can get back outside with Lyric & Bianca!!

Love your picture with the Robin!!
Who is Bianca?

Re: Spring

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:34 pm
by alspyce
felixone123 wrote:
alspyce wrote:I don't know what the groundhog is doing today, but in the Adirondacks of NY it's spring! :stickman: :stickman:

First Robin in the yard.
The attachment DSCN0009.JPG is no longer available
Soon I can get back outside with Lyric & Bianca!!

Love your picture with the Robin!!
Who is Bianca?
Bianca is my JRT/AKA the ugly little white dog.
Oaks_Edge_Bianca.jpg
Oaks_Edge_Bianca.jpg (19.58 KiB) Viewed 4186 times

Re: Spring

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:17 pm
by Marjolein
nice pic!
We were starting to go into spring, and suddenly it is freezing :shock: Tomorrow they predict snow, and my tulips were already getting their noses above the soil...? Strange seasons lately... :?

Re: Spring

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:21 pm
by felixone123
now he looks like a handful!! He is adorable and his name fits him perfectly.

Re: Spring

Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:58 am
by leih merigian
Oh man, Judith...I sure hope you have a better summer this year than last...

Cool robin pic!

Re: Spring

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:11 pm
by kchristy
It has been crazy here, 60s and 70s in January, not right. The bugs never even went away!!!!!!!!! The robin is very pretty and so in Bianca :)

Re: Spring

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:37 pm
by Dutchringgirl
this year has been weird!! Very warm for winter. I dont want to complain though because last year the snow was a pain! I was plowing every day and the kids missed so much school.

This morning I heard a morning Dove, I never hear them until spring.

Re: Spring

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:53 pm
by Sugars Mom
Yes, very mild winter here too.

The other day when walking, I passed by like 25 Robins flying from tree to tree along the trail. It was quite amazing!

Re: Spring

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:48 pm
by kchristy
I kinda wish it would get a little colder to kill off all the bugs before spring gets here, but then again Merlin is already starting to shed, so hopefully it doesn't get to cold!

Re: Spring

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:51 pm
by Sugars Mom
Ug, Sugar is starting to shed too...its getting really hairy in here!!

Re: Spring

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:07 am
by leih merigian
I was wondering if others are blowing their coats, too....Gesyer is, big-time.

I've decided that it's related to the length of daylight rather than temperatures, but what do I know? (Not much, you? :lol: )

I love my furminator, but man, after a grooming session, I'm covered with hair, spitting it out of my mouth, and trying to understand why she wants to eat it...yuck! :roll:

Re: Spring

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:03 am
by felixone123
So far Odin isn't shedding at all, but who knows when it starts to get warmer.

Re: Spring

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:45 pm
by kchristy
All around Merlins cage its covered with hair, Im sweeping up globs everyday lol His bedding has to be washed more often, but I love him so he is worth it....I guess :)

Re: Spring

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:50 pm
by Lauren
Oh my, it WAS spring here last week. 60's and up during the day.... hens laying eggs like crazy. the Maple trees are in bloom, the cherries, the star and Japanese Magnolias... even some azaleas! My Daffodils are all blooming and my Tulips are 6 " above ground.

Robins are back and wrens were picking a spot to nest. Then WHAMO! Winter. For the past few days it has been COLD!

Xena, that little stinker, had the nerve to actually PANT on a walk in 60 degree weather. Just wait till she hits a 100 degree summer day!!!!
:dsdoubt:

Re: Spring

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:44 pm
by alspyce
I think I swept enough DS and JRT hair from my floor this week to make my own new designer dog with it!
Horse is just starting to shed also. Everyone seems to be getting itchy with the loose hair.
Days are definitely longer----it's on its way!

Re: Spring

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:19 pm
by kchristy
It is! I get so excited for spring, but we really have only had a couple of day that were even cold!!

Re: Spring

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:06 am
by Isis
Love Bianca!! I used to raise JRT's! They are the best big dogs in little bodies! My dogs are shedding like crazy, too! I am a professional pet groomer by trade and my dogs are groomed often, but I'm still finding fur-ball dust bunnies all over the floor...uuggh!