Page 1 of 1
Snowdogs
Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:01 am
by Jan
Re: Snowdogs
Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:04 am
by Schlussdibusti
Looks like a lot of fun!
Re: Snowdogs
Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:21 pm
by Lauren
I think he approves!

Re: Snowdogs
Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:50 pm
by alspyce
Our local newspaper today ran a photo of people skating on the canal in Amsterdam-Netherlands. It spoke of all the volunteers who have shoveled snow so that they can have the Elfstedentocht race (11 cities tour) for the first time in 15 years! The paper wasn't mine, but I will see if I can get a copy of the photo.
Re: Snowdogs
Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:47 pm
by Jan
The "Elfstedentocht" has been cancelled as well as some other great skate tours elsewhere in the country, the ice isn't reliable enough for the tens of thousand spectators to be expected. Temperatures are rising the next days so the ice on the canals and lakes doesn't grow enough, it has to be 16 cm. thick at least. There is a small chance however that this rising will only be temporarely and that temperatures will drop next week. We keep our fingers crossed and meanwhile I do a lot of skating myself.
Re: Snowdogs
Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:03 pm
by lucy40
So beautiful! I get such a kick out of their reactions to the snow--I think it makes them all act like puppies

.