Page 1 of 2
Visitor
Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:34 pm
by Diesel
I saw a Coyote catching some sun in my neigbours yard yesterday afternoon when I was taking the dogs out. Funny enough, neither dog seemed concerned of its presence. And the coyote just kept relaxing in the sunshine.
Re: Visitor
Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:41 pm
by Christie M
Oh my. I love it. Seriously my favorite canid.
Re: Visitor
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:26 am
by Sugars Mom
Wow!!
Re: Visitor
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:56 am
by wahinelf
All fluffy for the winter. Nice shot!
Re: Visitor
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:20 am
by felixone123
wow!! what a beautiful majestic animal!! Nice shot.
Re: Visitor
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:07 am
by Schlussdibusti
wow, that is amazing
Re: Visitor
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:24 am
by Jan
Nice picture.
Re: Visitor
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:13 am
by Marjolein
wow, nice shot!!

Re: Visitor
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:46 pm
by alspyce
Pretty picture!
I've spent a week now trying to get a shot of the black squirrel that is here. So far the ones I've taken aren't very good.

- IM000082-2.JPG (56.59 KiB) Viewed 2915 times
Re: Visitor
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:31 pm
by felixone123
I have never seen a black squirrel. Saw plenty of black rats when I lived In Manhattan

Re: Visitor
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:36 pm
by Dutchringgirl
Oh how beautiful the coyote is!!! I have seen a few black squirrels, they are so silky.
Re: Visitor
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:41 pm
by leih merigian
It's cool to be able to see both animals! They had a lot of black squirrels back in Lansing, MI when I lived there eons ago. Haven't seen them since...
That coyote's face makes me think of a fox

Re: Visitor
Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:21 pm
by Lauren
Oh, come on Chris, you know that is a stuffed animal.... It is not nice to try to trick us like that!

Re: Visitor
Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:17 pm
by alspyce
No-it's real, but now that a have a new camera to play with the little bugger hasn't shown up again when I'm watching for him. I love the black ones, they are rare here, sure hope the hawks don't get him!
Re: Visitor
Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:52 pm
by kchristy
Great pictures, the coyote looks nothing like the poor coyotes here. Its beautiful

Re: Visitor
Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:19 am
by goodomens
beautiful! He looks so happy basking in the sun
I have many black squirrels near me, and most of the locals amuse themselves by feeding them so they are about as large as housecats

I've seen a few that have issues climbing fences because they are so... round. There is also a piebald and albino squirrel population not far from me.
Re: Visitor
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:44 am
by Diesel
I had a close encounter with this same Coyote on Sunday. We do off leash walks on the trails behind my house on the weekends (or during the week once the sun is up long enough after work). So Diesel and Halo ran down the trail and as I was catching up, I see Mr. Coyote running after them. I start running and once the coyote sees me, he turns and runs away and then stopped to determine if I was really a threat. Once he stopped I kept chasing him until he trotted off into the bushes. This whole time, the dogs are too busy playing with each other to notice the Coyote. I really don't think the Coyote would stand a chance against my dogs, but if there had been a pack of them it would have been a different story.
I suspect one of my neighbours is feeding them because I see them so often and I hear them almost every night.

Re: Visitor
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:52 am
by leih merigian
People are so clueless about feeding wildlife. Glad it wasn't a pack situation!
Re: Visitor
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:17 am
by kchristy
That's crazy, they are wild for a reason... People are clueless. Not to mention they get used to humans and the food they give. Then people get scared and decide not to feed them anymore.
Re: Visitor
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:13 am
by Schlussdibusti
Some people feed even alligators which are usually afraid of people and are present in every body of fresh water around here, then wonder why they show up in their back yard or pool
