Page 1 of 2
Hello all! Introducing Mina, and myself ;D
Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:38 am
by MinaHerdershonden
Hello! I'm Anna, i'm a breed nerd and have always wanted a dutchie, well while volunteering at my local shelter I came across Mina and right away knew this was no "german shepherd mix" shes all dutchie!! Ive had her for a little over a month now, the shelter aged her at a year old and while I knew she was younger then that it wasn't until bring her home I came to realize just HOW much puppy she is. Shes learned ALL the basic "tricks" in the month ive had her and is just a great pup. Also I have no clue wheres she from and apart from potty training and seemingly knowing what a crate is, she doesn't seem to have had any training, the shelter says she was in the night drop box as a stray. Could anyone tell me with her features how young you might guess she is with you all knowing the breed? and whether she might be some some stupid persons import or just another random "american dutchie"? I love her either way ;D just really curious.
I look forward to all the info you all have to share on this forum!
Re: Hello all! Introducing Mina, and myself ;D
Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:54 am
by MinaHerdershonden
BTW, I live in NC I just noticed I left that out...
Re: Hello all! Introducing Mina, and myself ;D
Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:20 pm
by Schlussdibusti
Welcome to the forum!
Re: Hello all! Introducing Mina, and myself ;D
Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:00 pm
by Lauren
Welcome from a fellow North Carolinian. What a cutie she is. Does she have her adult teeth yet?
Re: Hello all! Introducing Mina, and myself ;D
Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:35 pm
by leih merigian
Welcome, Anna! What a cutie you have there!
If you'd like, you can create a signature (control panel, upper left button) that will automatically sign your posts for you, so we will always know you you are when you post

.
Looking foward to hearing (and seeing) more about your smart girl

Re: Hello all! Introducing Mina, and myself ;D
Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:45 pm
by Dutchringgirl
Welcome !!
Re: Hello all! Introducing Mina, and myself ;D
Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:10 pm
by MinaHerdershonden
Thanks! Yes she has her adult teeth so far as I can tell, I'm a pretty god judge of age normally, but between adult teeth and a year old i'm fuzzy with age and i'm new to dutchies so i'm not sure what else to look at.
Re: Hello all! Introducing Mina, and myself ;D
Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:14 pm
by MinaHerdershonden
How do you put a picture in your signature as well?
Re: Hello all! Introducing Mina, and myself ;D
Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:15 pm
by MeganBays
Hi Anna
Not sure if it's close to your area or if you are interested but there's an excellent SchH club in the Fayetteville area that has a couple of Dutchies.
Re: Hello all! Introducing Mina, and myself ;D
Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:46 pm
by MinaHerdershonden
Oh cool ok I will check it out, its not so close to me I don't think but I'd still love to check it out, its probably within two hours to me
Re: Hello all! Introducing Mina, and myself ;D
Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:32 pm
by felixone123
cute puppy and welcome!! glad she found you.
Re: Hello all! Introducing Mina, and myself ;D
Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:50 pm
by MinaHerdershonden
Thanks! And me too! Would you believe she was at my local shelter that I volunteer at for over a month?!?! And not one person ( besides me) had any interest in her apart from one man the day before I adopted her who said she was too high energy for him lol
Re: Hello all! Introducing Mina, and myself ;D
Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:16 pm
by wahinelf
Congrats and welcome. She's a cutie!
Re: Hello all! Introducing Mina, and myself ;D
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:15 am
by Christie M
MinaHerdershonden wrote:Thanks! And me too! Would you believe she was at my local shelter that I volunteer at for over a month?!?! And not one person ( besides me) had any interest in her apart from one man the day before I adopted her who said she was too high energy for him lol
That would make at least 3 rescues from the Chapel Hill area in the last 2ish years. So sad
More pictures would be helpful. But my guess is that she is out of one of the local working dog breeders who sold some pups a few years ago and people bought them with the intention of breeding and getting rich. Those pups were probably placed with people who thought they were BEAUTIFUL, but had no idea what they were getting into.
Re: Hello all! Introducing Mina, and myself ;D
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:23 am
by MinaHerdershonden
Ah yeah, it is sad, ill post more in a few!
Re: Hello all! Introducing Mina, and myself ;D
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:29 am
by Kristie E
so very very cute... welcome !!
Re: Hello all! Introducing Mina, and myself ;D
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:49 pm
by MinaHerdershonden
I'm having trouble because the good pictures I have are to big to upload and when I tired to resize them my computer had a spazz attack, Anyone know the best way to resize?? Also...KiB? what am I resizing when its saying whatever KiB is the limit? im only seeing pix and perc to edit.
Re: Hello all! Introducing Mina, and myself ;D
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:52 pm
by MeganBays
You could try uploading them to a site like FlickR or Photobucket and then inserting them from there

.
Re: Hello all! Introducing Mina, and myself ;D
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:31 pm
by MinaHerdershonden
Ok thanks!
Re: Hello all! Introducing Mina, and myself ;D
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:02 pm
by kchristy
Welcome, she is very pretty
