Page 1 of 1

Hello from the Heartland!

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:59 pm
by Kgazlay
Two years ago I adopted my beautiful Ozzy. He is purported to be a DS (I know his date of birth but have nothing on his lineage) and certainly has the look and characteristics of the breed. I am new to this site and wondering whether or not there is a genetic test that can determine whether or not he is a true DS?

Re: Hello from the Heartland!

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:39 pm
by CaroleBoaz
Welcome! Hmm, where is the heartland, BTW? Do I live there? ;)

Re: Hello from the Heartland!

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:16 pm
by felixone123
hello from NY and welcome!!

Re: Hello from the Heartland!

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:24 pm
by alspyce
Howdy! :wave:

Re: Hello from the Heartland!

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:50 pm
by Christie M
Kgazlay wrote:Two years ago I adopted my beautiful Ozzy. He is purported to be a DS (I know his date of birth but have nothing on his lineage) and certainly has the look and characteristics of the breed. I am new to this site and wondering whether or not there is a genetic test that can determine whether or not he is a true DS?
Hello and welcome to the forum. It is hard to tell from that one picture what he is or is not - except he IS beautiful!! More pics would be very welcome.

Also I know others asked - but where is the heartland??? LOL.

Lastly, please take a moment and visit the User Control Panel - link located in the upper right hand side of the screen. If you could create a signature at a minimum, including your name, it would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Hello from the Heartland!

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:59 pm
by Raven
From "the heart of New York" to you in the mid-west, welcome to you and your beautiful beast.

Re: Hello from the Heartland!

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:02 am
by leih merigian
welcome!

Re: Hello from the Heartland!

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:54 am
by Schlussdibusti
Welcome! :wave:

Heartland? - May be Texas ?

Re: Hello from the Heartland!

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:15 am
by icvanstra
welcome from another 'heartlander"

Re: Hello from the Heartland!

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:53 pm
by Kgazlay
To all who asked, the Heartland is Kansas City, Missouri! Take a pin, stick it in the middle of the USA and there we are. I'll try to post more pictures of Ozzy. The man who bred him was named Randy Oginbene; from what I am told not a very nice guy. Did not treat his animals well. Oz was born May 2009 and rescued from him by a friend of mine when he was just a puppy before the City came and took all the other dogs and he moved away. The breeder claimed Ozzy was pure bred, but due to the circumstances no papers were ever available.

Re: Hello from the Heartland!

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:48 pm
by Marjolein
Welcome! Ozzy looks nice :)