Page 1 of 1

Hi from South SF bay area

Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:32 pm
by KellaA+dog6
I'v'e been enjoying this forum for a while now. Not sure if my dog is a Dutch mix or not. Most of the Photos of dogs that match her looks are DS or DS mix. Except for her color(so far). Kella is a subtle saddle pattern. The "tan/Red markings of GSD, is mostly black with some light hairs mixed in. Like the GSD saddle pattern, she is losing more black as she gets older.(now just 24 months) The lighter sections include a mix of tan and red in an uneven mix. I'm not very good with technology so it may take a bit to get photos up. The other photo problem is she usually shows as just black in most photos.
I adopted her from the local county shelter, with the background story that her owners had asked their neighbors to watch the puppies( she came in with a black and tan male,same age) for the weekend. Two MONTHS later they had not come back, and the neighbors couldn't afford to feed the extra dogs, now 6 months old. I had been looking for a dog for about a year, and fell in love. She was scared of her own shadow at first, but has developed more confidence with more exposure to the world.
She is smart, funny, and seems to be a little more moderate energy than other herding/working dogs I've had, although high enough.
I have found the DS info here very instructive, and usually applicable to Kella. Even if she ends up not being a DS mix, I will probably look into getting one in the future, and enjoy her whatever she is.

Re: Hi from South SF bay area

Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:59 pm
by alspyce
:wave: Welcome

Re: Hi from South SF bay area

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:59 am
by Christie M
Welcome to the forum!

We would love to see pics of your girl!!

If you don't mind, can you revisit the User Control Panel and add your name to the signature? I do love that you are owned by your dog though!

Re: Hi from South SF bay area

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:07 am
by Schlussdibusti
Welcome! and thanks for rescueing.

Re: Hi from South SF bay area

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:36 pm
by leih merigian
welcome!

eager to see pics of your Kella...(it's not all that hard or I wouldn't be able to post pics :lol: )

Re: Hi from South SF bay area

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:49 am
by vneerland
Welcome Mara! Hope to see some pictures of Kella soon. (pretty name)

Re: Hi from South SF bay area

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:58 pm
by Marjolein
Welcome :)