Page 1 of 1

Still Winter

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:47 pm
by Diesel
I am a little jealous that most of you are well into the spring weather by now, but I have to say, this is the nicest time of year here...the sun shines bright and the temperatures are moderate.

Here's some pictures of the dogs on our walks.

Diesel got into some deep powder snow and tried to swim! It was too funny!

Re: Still Winter

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:49 pm
by CaroleBoaz
Yep, you have snow! But it's so pretty and sunny out. And the dogs are having fun.

Re: Still Winter

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:25 am
by felixone123
love the snowy scenery!! very pretty. looks like your dogs really like the snow and love the tug shot.

Re: Still Winter

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:31 am
by Sugars Mom
Wow, look at the snow! It is very pretty.

I like the pic where Halo is barley above the snow line!

Re: Still Winter

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:14 pm
by alspyce
Would have loved seeing him "Swim" in the snow! Glad mine is all gone.
We had a JRT who would "Swim" in your hands if you just held her over the top of any water.
Great pictures!

Re: Still Winter

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:30 pm
by Dutchringgirl
very nice pictures! Our snow is all gone too! Not that we had much.

Re: Still Winter

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:07 pm
by GSDNanny
The photos are stunning and I have often wondered how my dogs would act with snow. Well, other than a light snow of 1-2" which we will have once every 5 years or so.

I just looked to see where you are located and you are very waaaaaay north! I've never known anyone in Canada in that area. Very interesting and the scenery (from your photos) is breath-taking.

Thanks for sharing the photos.

Re: Still Winter

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:28 pm
by leih merigian
what a gorgeous place in which you live! nice pics!

Re: Still Winter

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:45 am
by vneerland
You are jealous of us, I am jealous of you. ;) Would have loved some snow right now.
My AC is running and I just took my tennis shoes of, since it is too hot with jeans, T shirt and shoes. In March :(

Love the pictures. Tried to find the coyote, but couldn't :oops:

Re: Still Winter

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:10 pm
by GSDNanny
Oh and Judith, dont forget the swarms of mosquitoes the size of small birds and fire ants with mounds nearing 2' tall already here for an early spring, down in the deep south. :eek:

Re: Still Winter

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:55 pm
by Diesel
GSDNanny wrote:Oh and Judith, dont forget the swarms of mosquitoes the size of small birds and fire ants with mounds nearing 2' tall already here for an early spring, down in the deep south. :eek:
You wouldn't believe the mosquitos here! You'd think there would be less because it's so cold but they are brutal and they show up as soon as the snow STARTS melting! Plus we get nearly 24 hour daylight in the summer so there is no break throughout the day!
Diesel gets bit the most (poor guy) Halo will have a couple on her and Diesel will get 40. I don't know if it is because his coat is way shorter than hers or because he is dark and she is light.

Re: Still Winter

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:52 am
by felixone123
wow - daylight 24 hrs. What's that like? I think that would take some time to get used to.

Re: Still Winter

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:33 pm
by Diesel
felixone123 wrote:wow - daylight 24 hrs. What's that like? I think that would take some time to get used to.
It's really neat!
It is hard to keep track of the time though...I will be out gardening or something at midnight and it feels like 8pm! But I tend to go to bed much later in the summer for that reason. It's also great for walking the dogs...no need to rush when I get home from work!
Some people have a hard time sleeping in the daylight but I worked a midnight shift for 7 years so I have no problem with it.

Re: Still Winter

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:18 pm
by Marjolein
Nice pics, I LOVE snow :D

Re: Still Winter

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:40 pm
by felixone123
Diesel wrote:
felixone123 wrote:wow - daylight 24 hrs. What's that like? I think that would take some time to get used to.
It's really neat!
It is hard to keep track of the time though...I will be out gardening or something at midnight and it feels like 8pm! But I tend to go to bed much later in the summer for that reason. It's also great for walking the dogs...no need to rush when I get home from work!
Some people have a hard time sleeping in the daylight but I worked a midnight shift for 7 years so I have no problem with it.
Wow - I think i would like being out really late and having it feel like it's early. I would probably never sleep, only because I like being outside.

Re: Still Winter

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:32 pm
by vneerland
Light all summer is also dark all winter though? :shock:

Re: Still Winter

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:36 pm
by Diesel
vneerland wrote:Light all summer is also dark all winter though? :shock:
Yes, on December 21st we get about 5 hours of daylight that's the worst of it. It does get a little depressing but because it's cold, your indoors most of the time. I got the dogs l.e.d lights for their collars so we can still do off leash walks in the dark. I don't enjoy it as much though.