Page 1 of 1

Our Little Hike Today

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:19 am
by Sugars Mom
We went for a little hike around one of the local lakes here, and I snapped a few pics. Thought I'd share...

Here is where we started, at the beach area off the parking lot. This is me looking at the dogs who are brave enough to swim
Image

Always something good to sniff. I'll take sniffing over swimming any day!
Image

Image

Whats that? I hear someone coming!
Image

About a third of the way around the lake
Image

Come on, hurry up! There's more good stuff up ahead
Image

Image

Really?? Didn't you take enough pics of me with rocks last month??
Image

Image

These trees in the background that the bark is peeling off are called Arbutus trees and are native to this area
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

I think we are almost done...
Image

Yup, almost back to where we started
Image

I need a drink!
Image

Re: Our Little Hike Today

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:04 am
by Schlussdibusti
How beautiful! We are JEALOUS!

Re: Our Little Hike Today

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:57 am
by Lauren
Wow! what a beautiful hike! Sugar looks like she loves it! :love:

Re: Our Little Hike Today

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:08 pm
by Dutchringgirl
She is so cute!! She dosnt swim?? We will have to set up a play date with Sugar and Sadie and throw them in.

Re: Our Little Hike Today

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:47 pm
by alspyce
Beautiful!

Re: Our Little Hike Today

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:33 pm
by Sugars Mom
Dutchringgirl wrote:She is so cute!! She dosnt swim?? We will have to set up a play date with Sugar and Sadie and throw them in.
Not a swimmer yet...we saw someone with a young lab who was trying to get his dog to swim by throwing dog treats out in the water for him to get...didn't work for him, but I thought I'd try that with Sugar. Some nice duck treats out in the water may do the trick!

Re: Our Little Hike Today

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:35 pm
by CaroleBoaz
I'm jealous, too. Well, Boaz is jealous. It looks like a perfect dog day!

Re: Our Little Hike Today

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:30 pm
by Marjolein
WOW! Very nice up there!
We got both Ivil and Dingo to swim by getting in it ourselves and call them, maybe have a ball with you. Worked fine, they both LOVE swimming now :)

Re: Our Little Hike Today

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:05 pm
by felixone123
Sugar is so cute!! She knows the water is just a little too cold, other than getting her feet wet.

Re: Our Little Hike Today

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:10 pm
by Sugars Mom
Ya, my little prima-dona won't go in the cold water...but neither will I, so can't blame her.

Re: Our Little Hike Today

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:26 pm
by lisaanne
beautiful pics! Our Beta loves to swim, she just followed her little Beagle sister right in the river. She also loves to chase and bite the big waves of Lake Michigan, even in winter.

Re: Our Little Hike Today

Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:21 am
by Kgazlay
What a beautiful area! Looks like you both had a good time

Re: Our Little Hike Today

Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:06 pm
by Marjolein
Sugars Mom wrote:Ya, my little prima-dona won't go in the cold water...but neither will I, so can't blame her.
AHA! Now there's the problem :lol: Get in there you sissy!! :mrgreen:

Re: Our Little Hike Today

Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:48 pm
by Sugars Mom
I'll send the husband in...

I'm a big :binkybaby: when it comes to cold water

Re: Our Little Hike Today

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:24 pm
by Diesel
Beautiful pictures Sue! I have been to BC once (Nanaimo/Mission) and I just loved the scenery, you are lucky that you get to see that every day!
Diesel is a major water dog but Halo wont go in past he belly. She's part lab (we think) so she should be in love with water but the husky side must be stronger!
My mom's old dog wouldn't swim either...she ended up getting a floaty thing for the him which was hillarious!

Re: Our Little Hike Today

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:41 pm
by Marjolein
Sugars Mom wrote:I'll send the husband in...

I'm a big :binkybaby: when it comes to cold water
good idea!
I send Johan in for both dogs too, in he went in his boxers :lol: And he doesn't even like dogs, he says :roll: :mrgreen: