Page 1 of 1

Hi from Wisconsin!

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:51 pm
by lisaanne
Happy to have found this board. We rescued/adopted a 2 year old female from a local shelter last summer and have wondered about her true breed. The shelter believed she was German Shepherd/Greyhound but no verification has been done and I just cannot see the mix anyways. After doing search after search we came across the DS and sure do wonder. She is a short hair Gold Brindle with a white patch on her chest, about 75 pounds, black muzzle, upright ears (one is a bit folded at the tip-just "floppy"). I've never seen another breed which so closely resembles Beta physically, and her behavioral characteristics are certainly there as well. I'll upload a pic to the forum as soon as possible to get everyone's opinion.....I'll tell you, just about everyone has had an opinion about this dog, lol But, never has Dutch Shepherd been uttered, but, I've heard GSD, Cathoula, Malinois, Presa Canario, PitBull, African Wild Dog, Hyena, Wolf Hybrid, and Dingo, lol She is NONE of those I'll tell you that! The GSD, I do see, but only vaguely and I see the difference when she plays with other GSD's at the park, not only her short, Brindle coat. Anyways, thanks for the forum.

Lisa from Kenosha

Re: Hi from Wisconsin!

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:04 pm
by alspyce
Welcome!

Re: Hi from Wisconsin!

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:07 pm
by felixone123
welcome and love to see some pics!!

Re: Hi from Wisconsin!

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:58 pm
by Sugars Mom
Welcome and can't wait to see pics!

Re: Hi from Wisconsin!

Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:53 am
by vneerland
Welcome Lisa! Thank you for adopting a dog from the shelter. Looking forward to your pictures of Beta.

Re: Hi from Wisconsin!

Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:34 pm
by lisaanne
Here's a few from this morning. let me know what you think.....she is a big girl.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Re: Hi from Wisconsin!

Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:07 pm
by lisaanne
A few more, lol I think she is beautiful, no matter what breed she is.....

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Re: Hi from Wisconsin!

Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:20 pm
by Lauren
She is beautiful! I definitely see lots of Dutch in there but I am no authority on it. Hopefully some others can chime in nd give their :twocents: worth!

Re: Hi from Wisconsin!

Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:51 pm
by Marjolein
Welcome :)