Hello Again from Sharon @ Bedlam
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:55 pm
It was truly the biggest smile in a while to see all these familiar names! Just try to be rid of me now! There are still DS in my life, of course---Toby Tarzan the red/blk brindle who is not nearly as crazed as when he was rescued. Old Badger (aka Bone) is to be 12 yrs shortly, one of two pups remaining from dear Kimba (who is Queen of all she surveys even where she is now, I"m sure!). Both are aging quickly (inbreeding, maybe). Oh, yes, there is a dreadful rescue a friend is fostering . Many years ago I took 1/2 a litter of DS from Columbus, O area, tried to repair the terrible damage to them and rehome. Well, this one is the third generation of those same miserable lines with same dentition troubles and all. Rehoming is not likely---not too stable, but ok with foster for now. It has indeed been a challenge keeping everything going with critters---including feral cat kennel. Since moving here 7 yrs ago, there are 19 graves. Then I got breast cancer last summer. They got it all, and the genetic testing shows zero chance of getting that type cancer again. Which should be an oh. yay! moment, but there wasn't time. The one dr said something was terribly amiss---no iron to the point seizures were next. Went to the ER and ended up three wks in hosp.for bleeding ulcers. Had "ruined Y" surgery and got left w/ 1/2 a stomach, so dieting sure is a thing of the past! Yay! My husband stepped up and actually took care of everyone--no one was more stunned than me! Much better now, just waiting for immune system recovery---then we replace the first hip, second one maybe a year later. I will finally be bionic, and truly able to keep up with the striped ones! As I came out of anaesthetic, the nurses were very concerned about my sobbing for Ivan. They knew he wasn't my husband, and were trying so hard to be discreet, but just kept asking about who Ivan could be. He was my beloved white cat (aka Boyfriend)who had been PTS right before surgery. Yes, I got him buried, but it was almost minutes before surgery. The poor nurses were SO disappointed!Even the hubby got a chuckle from that. So glad to hear about Cooper! It wouldn't have taken much for me to keep him----but my males aren't too male friendly.No more fights til I'm bionic! I have watched the weather and the political news in the areas each of you live, wondering how you all have been, worrying when there have been tornadoes. So very happy to see one and all are OK! Best wishes--Sharon from Beasts of Bedlam