New form Southern California

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
User avatar
socaljj
Just Whelped
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:30 pm
Tell us about yourself: We live in southern California. We picked up Mack on April 1, 2012. He's now 14 weeks old. We're hoping to get great information from this forum. We haven't had a puppy for 15 years. We use to have a Belgian Malinois. She past away almost a year ago.

New form Southern California

Post by socaljj »

We live in southern California. We picked up Mack on April 1, 2012. He's now 14 weeks old. We're hoping to get great information from this forum. We haven't had a puppy for 15 years. We use to have a Belgian Malinois. She past away almost a year ago.
John and Debbie socal
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: New form Southern California

Post by Sugars Mom »

Welcome to the forum. Lots of great information and people with great information on this forum.

Can't wait to see your puppy's pics!
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: New form Southern California

Post by alspyce »

Howdy! :wave:
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: New form Southern California

Post by Christie M »

socaljj wrote:We live in southern California. We picked up Mack on April 1, 2012. He's now 14 weeks old. We're hoping to get great information from this forum. We haven't had a puppy for 15 years. We use to have a Belgian Malinois. She past away almost a year ago.
Hello and welcome to the forum!!

Congratulations on your new puppy! We do adore pictures around here. What can you tell us so far? Where did Mack come from? Are you planning to train for any specific venues? Or is he going to be an awesome companion?

Also, please take a moment and visit the User Control Panel and create a signature that includes your name. It helps us all keep each other straight!
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: New form Southern California

Post by Dutchringgirl »

welcome !!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: New form Southern California

Post by felixone123 »

welcome!! pics please.
Barbara, Odin & Kai
User avatar
wahinelf
Green Dog
Posts: 246
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:18 am
Tell us about yourself: I recently moved from CA to MA (10/12), Ellie (my 4 year old DS mix) and I are adjusting together!
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

Re: New form Southern California

Post by wahinelf »

Yay! More California dutchies! Welcome!
-Aubrey

Image

Eleanor CGC FM TF-II, my 5YO DSX
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: New form Southern California

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Welcome :wave:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
User avatar
kchristy
Training Dog
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
Location: McCurtain, Ok

Re: New form Southern California

Post by kchristy »

Hello and welcome!!!
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: New form Southern California

Post by Marjolein »

hi there :)
Image
Post Reply