Page 1 of 2
Hello from France
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:43 pm
by Gwen
Hello
I'm french, sorry if my english is not perfect. i was looking for a forum about dutch shepherd because in France they are are not really active.
I live in brittany in the west. I have 3 dogs, an old labrador, a 4 years old crossed dog, and a 7 months old dutch shepherd which is doing agility, obedience, a little herding, and a little ring too. And when he will be older i'll go running with him too.
I'm looking forward to discover the american descendants ( i don't if it's the correct word

) of dutch shepherds, as in France we always see the same breeders.
Thank you for letting me joining the forum

Re: Hello from France
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:48 pm
by alspyce
Welcome

Re: Hello from France
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:50 pm
by Gwen
Thank you

Re: Hello from France
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:53 pm
by felixone123
hello and welcome!!
you must show us pics of your puppy!!
Re: Hello from France
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:51 pm
by Sugars Mom
Welcome! Yes, pics please!
Re: Hello from France
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:25 pm
by Jan
Welcome
Re: Hello from France
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:25 pm
by CaroleBoaz
Welcome!
Re: Hello from France
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:35 am
by Schlussdibusti
Welcome! :Wave:
Re: Hello from France
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:46 am
by Gwen
Thanks every one. I'll open a topic to present him then

Re: Hello from France
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:04 pm
by GSDNanny
Welcome Gwen and ?? (what's your DutchShep's name by the way?)!!! Do post pics often.
Re: Hello from France
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:19 pm
by Christie M
Hello and welcome to the forum. I would love to know the lines of your dog

Many of the Dutch Shepherds in my home go back to French Dutch Shepherds.
Also, if you can, please re-visit the user control panel and add your name to your signature. It just helps us keep everyone straight!
Re: Hello from France
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:30 pm
by Dutchringgirl
Welcome!! My older girl is from France.
Re: Hello from France
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:40 pm
by Gwen
Thanks for the welcomes
this is G'anzio du domaine des sphinx noirs
Uploaded with
ImageShack.us
Uploaded with
ImageShack.us
he is quite dark, took this from his father.
Christie the lines
parents
Storm Haven Diabolik Instinct x Cayenne du domaine des sphinx noirs
grand parents
Storm Haven T'ultime x Storm Haven Rasia -
Storm Haven Tango x Unsolite des fonds de gueule
grand grand parents
Storm Haven ringo jr x Storm Haven rotter'dame
Ringo VD Vastenow x Storm Haven Jenna
Lockness du clos Bourguignon x Storm Haven Rasia
Nico Van Neerland x Olympe de la fureur de vivre
Re: Hello from France
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:43 pm
by Gwen
Christie M wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum. I would love to know the lines of your dog

Many of the Dutch Shepherds in my home go back to French Dutch Shepherds.
Also, if you can, please re-visit the user control panel and add your name to your signature. It just helps us keep everyone straight!
I looked the lines of your dog, you meant Crocs de l'Olympe ?
I have a friend who has a female Crocs de l'olympe
Well known breeder in France ! They recently had 2 long haired puppies in a short haired litter

Re: Hello from France
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:12 pm
by Sugars Mom
Gorgeous dog!
Re: Hello from France
Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:32 pm
by vneerland
Bienvenue, Gwen and Anzio.
You have a distant relative of my Nico (van Neerland) and he says hi.
Gwen wrote:Well known breeder in France ! They recently had 2 long haired puppies in a short haired litter

Yes, but that IS genetically possible, without having to have crossed in something illegal.
It is not usual anymore, I admit that, but genetically totally possible.
(I am wondering if those longhair pups will be registered as long hair DS or short hair DS)
Re: Hello from France
Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:02 pm
by Gwen
Nico was your dog

that's cool !!
Yes the 2 parents were short haired. It's interesting as they will have the short haired caracter for work. There isn't a lot of long haired working in ring or security.
Re: Hello from France
Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:48 pm
by alspyce
vneerland wrote:Bienvenue, Gwen and Anzio.
You have a distant relative of my Nico (van Neerland) and he says hi.
Gwen wrote:Well known breeder in France ! They recently had 2 long haired puppies in a short haired litter

Yes, but that IS genetically possible, without having to have crossed in something illegal.
It is not usual anymore, I admit that, but genetically totally possible.
(I am wondering if those longhair pups will be registered as long hair DS or short hair DS)
It would be interesting to see the pedigree of the parents and try to pinpoint the "coated' carriers. Perhaps a job for you Judith?

The knowledge of what lines certain traits come from can be invaluable at times. (
If you care enough to study such things.).
Re: Hello from France
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:18 am
by vneerland
Gwen wrote:Nico was your dog

that's cool !!
Yes, Nico IS

my dog. (it is him in my avatar)
alspyce wrote:It would be interesting to see the pedigree of the parents and try to pinpoint the "coated' carriers. Perhaps a job for you Judith?

The knowledge of what lines certain traits come from can be invaluable at times. (
If you care enough to study such things.).
I know that Arras (Pegge) had some long haired pups once. It takes two carriers, and when both recessive alleles for long hair get together, then voila...LH (more or less, not quite as long as full LH) pups.
I will have to write the pedigree out and see who is related to whom. I never had any LH pups, nor have I heard of any LH pups from Nico, but yes, it is interesting to try to figure it out.

(For the record: I have no problem with it myself. I liked the looks of the LH Arras pup that I once met)
Re: Hello from France
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:31 pm
by GSDNanny
Well I'll be dog-gone. It's a family reunion!

I'm sure that is really fun to connect related dogs online.
