Page 1 of 1

Hi from Cali

Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:43 am
by dantesmom
Good evening, like you I am a Dutch Shepherd fanatic. I like to do my own version of k-9 training with Dante. I have socialized the daylights out of him. His obedience is pretty clean, although I am not into competitions so its hard to say how clean he is. Has anyone noticed a social or phsychological change in their Dutchies at about age 3? I have had him since he was 8 weeks old. I was trying to raise him with a littermate despite being warned by police officers and the breeder that it could pose a huge problem. Which..:( it did, so I put the brother on a police force and kept Dante. He is the light of my life and I have really prided myself on him being able to do k-9 type work and yet be well enough socialized to get along with people, kids, and all sorts of other animals. In the last months there has been a sudden change in that regard so just wondering if there is a developmental stage around age 3 that I have missed particular to Dutchies?

Re: Hi from Cali

Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:53 pm
by KRoberts626
what does he do?

Re: Hi from Cali

Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:38 pm
by leih merigian
Welcome, dantesmom!

Please tell us your name and a bit about yourself (there is an intro section). Also, FYI, you can create a signature that will automatically show up on all of your posts (see User Control Panel, upper left corner).

I'm curious to find out what he's doing that's different, too.

Re: Hi from Cali

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:23 pm
by Marjolein
welcome here :D

Re: Hi from Cali

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:34 pm
by GSDNanny
WELCOME, Dantes mom (?name)!!


Denise Gatlin
Louisiana