Page 1 of 1

Hi from Toronto

Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:39 pm
by hathar
Hi,

I recently adopted from a rescue agency what was supposed to be a gsd. I have spoken with our trainer who is involved in protection training and he seems to be convinced she is a dutch shepherd based on his own experience. I have been doing some research on the breed and thats how I ended up here.

For you dutch shepherd owners maybe you can provide your own insight as to whether or not she is gsd or dutch.

She is approx 14-18 months and weighs 50 pounds.


Here is Zoe
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Re: Hi from Toronto

Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:04 pm
by Sugars Mom
Welcome!

Is she black or brindle? I can't quite tell from the pics.

Super cute dog... with quite the toenails!

Re: Hi from Toronto

Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:21 pm
by hathar
She is all black except for some light brown lines between her toes. She did have some super long nails when we first got her. They are much better now that we can actually get near her feet.

Re: Hi from Toronto

Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:45 pm
by CaroleBoaz
Welcome!!

The photos are blocked for me at work, but I'll check them out when I get home. :D

Re: Hi from Toronto

Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:29 pm
by alspyce
Welcome~
I'm gonna go with GSD, possibly mixed (Mali?). Looks like slightly sloping top line and croup, with quite a bit of rear angulation, and also the color. Looks like quite a few of the pet type GSD's we have around here. Hopefully the feet will improve with the nail trimming, but lots of GSD's also have flat feet.

Re: Hi from Toronto

Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:49 am
by wahinelf
Great face that one has! Lucky dog either way (GSD or DS) congrats!