Page 1 of 1

Hi from Alabama!

Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:33 pm
by bamacop
Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Rita, and I'm a police officer in a small city in Alabama. I'm also a paramedic (did that full time for a few years, now just part time). I've got two "kids", a mini Australian Shepherd named Dixie. She's a year and a half old, and I've had her since she was a tiny pup. My most recent addition is Kato. He's a 4 month old Dutch Shepherd. I acquired him from kind of a weird situation, and I've got a ton of questions, but I'll save that for another thread. Anyways, looking forward to meeting y'all :)

Re: Hi from Alabama!

Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:22 am
by felixone123
hello and welcome!! don't forget to post some pics of your new baby!!

Re: Hi from Alabama!

Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:33 am
by leih merigian
Hi Rita! Love the name Kato!

You've gotta tell us about the weird situation, yano :D (oops! Just saw that you did so in another thread...going to read it...)

Re: Hi from Alabama!

Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:42 am
by bamacop
Long story short (the "longer" story is posted in "whatever"), I've got an approximately 4 month old Dutch Shepherd puppy who has not been socialized. At all. He was afraid of people when I first met him (the first puppy I've ever met who tried to get as far away from me as possible when I first met him). He was chained up to a fence at the "trainer" (the guy I purchased him from), with a piece of plywood for a doghouse. The breeder had not even played with him, brought him inside, or introduced him to people. He didn't even know what to do do with a dog toy when I brought him home. I had to keep him outside for the first two days, because he was so afraid of being inside that he simply cowered in the furthest corner of a hallway and completely shut down. He's doing much better now, though....

Re: Hi from Alabama!

Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:52 am
by leih merigian
bamacop wrote: He's doing much better now, though....
Sounds like he's already well on his way!

Re: Hi from Alabama!

Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:06 pm
by alspyce
Welcome!

Re: Hi from Alabama!

Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:48 pm
by Dutchringgirl
Welcome!

Re: Hi from Alabama!

Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:41 pm
by CaroleBoaz
Welcome! (I read your other story first.)

Re: Hi from Alabama!

Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:30 pm
by GSDNanny
Welcome! I too have a mini-Aussie red merle, Chex, my buddy who goes nearly everywhere I go. Good luck with your DS pup, Kato!

Re: Hi from Alabama!

Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:14 pm
by vneerland
Welcome Rita!

Re: Hi from Alabama!

Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:39 pm
by Marjolein
Welcome :)