Page 1 of 1

An introduction from Maine

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:09 pm
by jeeharbor
I'm taking a moment to introduce my husband and myself. I'm Joyce Earle McCluskey and my husband Mac. We reside in southern Maine with our two year old daughter, several Malinois, a couple DS, an old Czech bred GSD and an American Bulldog for good measure.

I've been a member of Mainely Ringsport since 1989. I have competed locally in the Ringsports with a couple GSD's and my DS, Ry and Caelan. I have also started competing in UKC obedience.

My husband Mac is a certified Mondio Ring decoy and has been involved in Ring for a dozen years. Mac started his training with Frances Metcalf. Mac and I met through Ringsport and it is still an important part of our lives.

We occasionally have a litter to produce our next generation of sport dogs. We had a Mal litter 6 years ago out of my husbands FRII Mal, Tibet. Our dogs are part of our family and enjoy residing in the house with our two year old. Outside of work and family time, we play with our dogs, enjoy training and spending time with our dog friends.

Thank you!

Joyce and Mac McCluskey

Re: An introduction from Maine

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:31 pm
by Olie
Welcome Joyce and Mac!
Congratulations on your accomplishments!
Cant wait to see some photos of your crew!

Re: An introduction from Maine

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:50 pm
by alspyce
Welcome! I see V Christel dogs in your pedigree---very close to my heart.

Re: An introduction from Maine

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:43 pm
by CaroleBoaz
Welcome!

Re: An introduction from Maine

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:25 pm
by Dutchringgirl
Welcome! I must have met you guys at one point. I used to do Ring with my DS and Mal in New Hartford Ct.

Re: An introduction from Maine

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:42 pm
by felixone123
welcome!! must show some family furry pets.

Re: An introduction from Maine

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:48 pm
by Sugars Mom
Welcome, and we all love pics!

Re: An introduction from Maine

Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:58 am
by leih merigian
Welcome, and what a nice intro!

Re: An introduction from Maine

Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:12 pm
by Christie M
Hey guys!!

Welcome to the forum! Glad to see you here!

Sorry I haven't had the time to finish the pedigree. Its been (and will be for 2 more weeks) a SUPER hectic summer!!!

You'll find a ton of great people here with diversified interests and dogs.

If you have a moment, please visit the User Control Panel and create a signature that includes your name. Its hard to keep everyone straight!!

Re: An introduction from Maine

Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:36 pm
by icvanstra
Welcome to the forum!

Re: An introduction from Maine

Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:59 pm
by Marjolein
Welcome :)

Re: An introduction from Maine

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:03 pm
by vneerland
Very nice intro! Welcome here.

Re: An introduction from Maine

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:54 pm
by 7ate9
Hello, I'm from Maine also! I live just outside of Augusta.

Re: An introduction from Maine

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:50 am
by jeeharbor
I am a bit South from you. I am in Lebanon which is near Rochester,NH. I grew up in Kittery. Maine is a big state. Welcome!

Re: An introduction from Maine

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:26 am
by Drizlaru
We need to get together sometime, I'm right up 202 from you guys.

Re: An introduction from Maine

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:45 am
by jeeharbor
Where up 202? We are on the Rochester side of West Lebanon. Are you working with any training group?

Re: An introduction from Maine

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:32 am
by Drizlaru
I'm up 202 in Windham about an hour north of you. I've been to a few different training groups (Schutzhund, PSA), but haven't decided one to train with exclusivly. I've got a (almost) 7 month old male DS from KNPV lines that I'd like to start one of the protection sports with. I like Mondioring, I like how it tests the dogs and the handlers. One of my big problems right now is that I'm "supposedly" moving at some point in a few months or so. I'd like to come down for a meet and greet though, and take a closer looksie. Maybe we can set something up, what's your groups training schedule like?

Re: An introduction from Maine

Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:52 pm
by jeeharbor
We train in Wells on Saturdays. You're welcome to come down. Did you get your DS from Dominic?

Re: An introduction from Maine

Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:26 am
by Drizlaru
No I didn't, though I did consider it. Where in Wells exactly, and what time Saturdays?

Re: An introduction from Maine

Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:08 pm
by jeeharbor
We train at Bob Dixons on Loop Rd at 10:00. We have a guy with showline GSD's that comes down from Windham. Where did you get your DS from out of curiosity? I'm not aware of many people breeding them up this way, but I don't get out about much either.